• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NorCal Game Day, April 6th - Signup's over for me. Anyone else into masochism?

bloodymage

House Ruler
Taken off of page 4 about two weeks before we're scheduled to meet. Two weeks isn't long to plan folks. Let's get some input here.

Initial response (one definite, one ambivalent) is for Sacto. OK by me. Who's gonna contact the shop to reserve the space? I'm two hours away and so far, my job has been hounding everyone to get on the stick. Post when we've got the space, OK?

April 6th, noon, Great Escape Games, Sacramento. Who's gonna run?

mistergone

First Post
Well see, therein lies the conundrum... We'd need a number of people confirmed before we can ask them to set aside any space for us. I don't know if they'd even be willing or able to set aside the space in the first place. As I've mentioned, Sundays are like league days or something. I would almost think Saturdays would stand a better chance. Regardless, being able to say "Okay, I have X people from all over northern California that want to meet here and game on this day." might be more influential. And, if it's suggested that this sort of gathering might happen every so often, bringing new potential customers into the store that could spread the word for the store all over the state, that might influence them even more to reserve some space.

Great Escape Games
(916)927-0810
1537 Howe Ave
Sacramento, CA 95825

The owner's name is Gary. I think Ed is a manager or asst. Manager. I don't know when the store opens on Sundays, but I know they close earlier than usual that day. I'm really not the one to call, but I do know the area well. There's a ton of food places around there to go to lunch at.

PS. I know there's at least a half-dozen ENWorlders from Sacramento, maybe they are not aware of this thread? There's a lot more probably in the Bay Area, maybe the bay area would be a better choice?

Last edited:

bloodymage

House Ruler
Page 5 this time! OK, here's the deal. Today is the 27th, just. If we have a table with a DM, preferably two, and a minimum of four players signed up by Monday morning, the 31st, I'll call to reserve space for the 6th. If we have two DMs, I'll reserve two tables.

On another note, no one gave me any feedback as to whether you wanted this as an ENWorld gathering or a gamers' gathering. I can probably drum up more participation if you want to open it up.

So, you have until Monday morning before I decide that NorCal ENWorld gamers aren't worth my time and energy. Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm a blunt kind o' guy! It's just that I don't feel I should hafta drag this off o' page 5 and harangue you guys to jump in here and make this happen. It's supposed to be fun and this aspect of it isn't.

We gonna happen or not? :confused:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
With this coming up so fast, you might need to drop a line to some of the folks from the first thread-

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34522

Here's a quick list-

01.) garyh
02.) bloodymage
03.) mistergone
04.) Elder-Basilisk
05.) the Jester
06.) Enchantress
07.) Talath
08.) Wayside
09.) Gunslinger
10.) reapersaurus
11.) Tsunami
12.) bing
13.) Lazybones
14.) BigFreekinGoblinoid
15.) JDragon
16.) Fulcan
17.) Emiricol
18.) Valen
19.) DarkUnity
20.) Chauzu

Good luck and have fun! :)

bloodymage

House Ruler
Thanks for digging that up, Mark.

When I put on my con, I'll be willing to do all the work it takes. To get this together, I'm willing to harass people and set up the venue. You folks on Mark's list need to jump on this thread and make your commitments.

Of course, someone else could take the responsibilty of contacting these people and giving them a heads up, eh?

It will either happen or it'll blow out again. It's up to all of you.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
bloodymage said:
Thanks for digging that up, Mark.

When I put on my con, I'll be willing to do all the work it takes. To get this together, I'm willing to harass people and set up the venue. You folks on Mark's list need to jump on this thread and make your commitments.

Of course, someone else could take the responsibilty of contacting these people and giving them a heads up, eh?

It will either happen or it'll blow out again. It's up to all of you.

No problem. :)

You might want to just go to that other thread and click on the email link of the five most vocal people, then divvy up the rest of the list among the first few that follow up with you by posting here. It's a wealthless pyramid scheme... Probably take you less time than it took me to make the list. ;)

I contacted garyh to let him know he could use The Whipering Woodwind adventure from Creative Mountain Games for your gameday, but if he opts to not run something (or runs something else) that offer is open to any DM. Naturally, as with other gamedays, I will award prizes to the DM and anyone who sits at that table. Since it gives me some feedback, it's the least I can do.

To be honest, these things can be difficult to schedule. Sometimes you have to bite the attendance bullet and just forge ahead with six or eight people. Heck, you'll meet a handful of new people and get a couple of games in, then next time it will grow. I wouldn't be overly concerned about nixing the date (or even pushing it off again) just because some folks can't make it. There's always the next time and it'll be the same next time but with different people probably.

Anyhoo, good luck, have fun and I hope things get going this time. I'll keep my eyes peeled and chime in with any ideas if I think I can be of any help! :)

Last edited:

Valen

Explorer
Checking in. Fortunately for my financial well being, but unfortunately for my social life, I just started a new job and I know I won't be available most weekends, including the 6th, for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

mistergone

First Post
Unfortunatly, I can't say that I could DM, as I haven't ran a game in a couple years and I'm very very rusty. Most rules are but dim glimmerings in my cobwebbed skull. I don't think such an event is the time or place to break myself back in. But I'll show up and play. Of course, that's the easy part.;)

bloodymage

House Ruler
Saturday.

I've contacted a few of you to help me try and get this together.

Mark has graciously offered support and prizes if this thing happens.

I call or don't call in two days, depending on how these lists fill out!

GM:
Player 1: bloodymage
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:
Player 5:
Player 6:

GM:
Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:
Player 5:
Player 6:

ced1106

Explorer
Too bad you didn't x-post to RPG.net. One of the coordinators of the site, Allan Sugarbaker, lives in the SF Bay Area, and has run an "RPGnet games day", coordinating with local game companies and a FLGS. He'd probably be a good source of information to tap.

In Los Altos (not exactly NorCal), the Bay Area Games Day will be held April 5th. They normally play German boardgames, but the coordinator, David Kohr, enjoys RPGs, including d20. Maybe he can give you some suggestions.

I'll be running HeroClix, MechWarrior, and some FFG games tomorrow at Gator Games. First weekend in April, I'll be doing some dog volunteer work and watching anime at Foothill.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads