Nordlond Bestiary GURPS 3rd party Kickstarter

Douglas Cole

Explorer
Your VTT Pack Just Got A Lot Cooler

I was hoping to be able to announce this, and thanks to some great support by Steve, Phil, and Alain at SJGames, plus Nick and Nose doing simply fantastic work, now I can.

What, then, is this about? Gaming Ballistic is thrilled to note that the "VTT Pack" is now more than just tokens...you still get the tokens, of course.

But you also get more. Check out this awesome video made to showcase the GURPS Game Aid (Unofficial) and how it interfaces with the Nordlond Bestiary "compendium," which is Foundry-speak for "asset pack."

Gaming with GURPS just got a lot easier.

Douglas Cole

Explorer

Where are we?​

Well, the short answer is about $600 or so from the next stretch goal at 160 pages. That gives us a bunch of nifty undead.
After that?
  • 176 pages: Dire Animals
  • 192 pages: Demons and Slimes
  • 208 pages: Animals and almost-humans
  • 224 pages: Dinosaurs and Plants
  • 240 pages: Human foes and more animals
Some of these may move around, and I've got some in reserve in case layout says "we need more."

Can we get there?​

We really can. There are still over 400 folks following who haven't yet pledged. There are plenty of GURPS, Powered by GURPS, and Dungeon Fantasy RPG fans, not to mention newcomers via the Girl Genius RPG, who could make use of 144-240 pages of pre-written monsters for grab-and-go goodness. One of my Patreon Subscribers is intending to use them in a Star Trek game.
We can do it, but we'll need some sharing and some commitment from followers.
So take a deep breath, and let's sprint to the finish.

Please Jump on Board. This book wants to be big.
Ovinabokin Mockup Small.png

Where are we?​

Well, the short answer is we got Undead at 144 pages, and we're about $600 or so from the next stretch goal at 160 pages. That gives us a bunch of Dire Animals.

After that?

• 176 pages: Demons and Slimes
  • 192 pages: Animals and almost-humans
  • 208 pages: Dinosaurs and Plants
  • 224 pages: Human foes
  • 240 pages: More animals
Some of these may move around, and I've got some in reserve in case layout says "we need more."

Can we get there?​

We really can. There are still over 400 folks following who haven't yet pledged. There are plenty of GURPS, Powered by GURPS, and Dungeon Fantasy RPG fans, not to mention newcomers via the Girl Genius RPG, who could make use of 144-240 pages of pre-written monsters for grab-and-go goodness. One of my Patreon Subscribers is intending to use them in a Star Trek game.

We can do it, but we'll need some sharing and some commitment from followers.

So take a deep breath, and let's sprint to the finish.

Last edited:

Douglas Cole

Explorer
The Nordlond Fantasy Bestiary and Enemies book is now 160 pages, with 25 hours to go.
Funded JPG Image for Kickstarter.jpg

It has surpassed The Citadel at Nordvorn in backer count, making the Bestiary the highest backer count of any Dungeon Fantasy RPG project I've run thus far.

The next stretch goal for 176 pages is at $46,000 - the funding is at this moment at $43,400 ... so $2,600 or (going by the average) about 36 backers.

The stretch goals from here to the maximum at $62,000 are pretty close together. $4,000 per 16 pages additional until the maximum at 240 pages.

There are over 400 folks following the campaign who have not yet pledged.

We can still do this. I mean, we're gonna be a bit winded at the end, but it's still possible to hit the goals given "assets in hand."

This is the time. Come on board.

(Finally, a bit of moose in the room. I know some of us would really like SJGames to be publishing stuff like this. Big hardcovers, regularly, covering this and multiple other genres. That's not their strategy at the moment, but they're letting me try. Maybe with this success, and the recent blockbuster that was Girl Genius, that may change. Nothing motivates repetition like success.)

Douglas Cole

Explorer
www.kickstarter.com

Update 35: Kickstarter Wonkiness - We May Have Passed 176 pages · Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Book

A generous backer just pumped in enough to push the project to 176 pages...but Kickstarter didn't allocate the full boost to the total. Another backer upped by $110 and that's not there either.

I have contacted Kickstarter and told them to knock it the h**l off, because folks are looking (rightly!) at page count for the pledge value and this is an important step.

I strongly suspect we passed it and then some.

Douglas Cole

Explorer
HOLY MOTHER OF MEGAZON!! We just hit 192 pages

Dinosaurs next, ya know.
Dino Cavalry.png

Last edited:

Remove ads