North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

scholz

First Post
Wow! So here are all the local gamers.
A group of us have a game scheduled for the 22nd. I am going to beseech the DM to either play another time, or bring our game to the meeting.

-Steve

Parking

And now for the always annoying, sometimes death defying feat of: parking on a state university campus!! OK, so hopefully it won't be that bad, but I wasn't sure if this had been covered yet so I figured I'd give everyone some heads up.

The general rule of thumb for parking on campus is that you can park in any space on the weekends that is not specifically marked 24 Hour Towing, Permit Required Mon-Sat 12pm-9pm, etc. Basically, if it has a sign in front of it, at least read it before you park there. I just generally don't park in marked spaces :D

The areas marked in blue on this map are "parkable." Our event is being held in Talley Student Center (building 102) on the second floor. Please notice that it is about a 5 minute walk from the Coliseum Parking deck to Talley, just to give you an idea of scale. This map is part of a larger version availible at the NCSU Map site.

album_see.php

If anything else is needed, please e-mail me at matt_kendall@iname.com. I will be rather busy this week and may not get to check the boards.

Matt

rayous

First Post
Im a employee at foundations edge and i just posted the first two posts of this thread on our gamers board. (I also just emailed rafael [creator of dread] to make sure he knew about this)
Also im thinking of running a pick up game on the campaign world ive been creating. It is an ice age type world with several class and racial changes. If anyone is interested contact me at rayous@hotmail.com and ill send you the pertanent information.

See you all this saturday

P.S. I so hope rafael comes, he is possibly the greatist gm i have ever seen (hope your reading this rafael!)

Mulkhoran

First Post
Very sorry for the long delay, I've become incredibly busy both home and at work. Additionally, I was sort of relying on my Yahoo mail-notifier to let me know of responses here, and it's been acting buggy. Imagine my surprise..............

I've added the title to the Ravenloft game, and Jeph's name to Henry's D20 game, if I've read all that correctly. Thanks for adding the other stuff while I was away, Henry.

Alright, down to business.

We have 9 people left that initially showed interest, and Hopping Vampire and Henry trying to put together a d20 Starwars game in the afternoon.

Looks like 1 slot left open on RuinedOne's Ravenloft game - afternoon

Quasqueston has his Gladiator match ready to go.

So far it looks pretty good, although now sounds like a good time for people to start throwing out things we could have there in case folks show up without anything to do. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get my friend's HeroQuest game for this, however, I *do* have some boardgames of my own at home (I'll post a list later). Suggestions?

Also, Quasquestion, would you like me to move your game guidelines to the 2nd post? I'm also going to email CodeMonkey and ask him the same about the map.

Soon soon soon!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Mulkhoran said:
Very sorry for the long delay, I've become incredibly busy both home and at work. Additionally, I was sort of relying on my Yahoo mail-notifier to let me know of responses here, and it's been acting buggy. Imagine my surprise..............

Glad to hear everything is fine (if busy), Mulkhoran.

Did you still want to try and get together sometime this week before G-Day? If so, e-mail me.

Mirth

Explorer
Well, I've been trying to work it out so that I could come this weekend, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Maybe Pielorinho and I should organize one of these things for the Asheville / Western NC area. Anyway, I hope everybody has a great time and I wish I was going to be there.

rayous said:
Im a employee at foundations edge...

Hey rayous!

I posted this earlier to someone else who had a connection to Foundation's Edge, but please tell Rick that Jay Myers said hello. I used to work at Foundation's back in the day (1987-89? I think) and Rick was a great boss and an even better DM. His almost diceless Cyberpunk campaign was one of many highlights of my undergrad college gaming experience.

Feel free to pass on my email if you like also: mirthcard@yahoo.com

Have fun!

Jay

Aeolius

Adventurer
While I live in Greensboro, I'll have to sit this one out, as my son's 9th birthday party is on Saturday. A Radio Disney party - I can hear the "hamster dance song" playing even now.

btw, if anyone is up for an offline aquatic game run in Greensboro, just let me know - my yard is underwater. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases