D&D 5E Not Aegyptus

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Yes I'm eyeing it up for Christmas.
I backed the Kickstarter, so let me know if there's anything you'd like me to check about it!

--Oh, the Tomb of the Scorpion Prince from the Book of Lairs is a nicely varied mini-dungeon set in Nuria Natal.

Zardnaar

Legend
See if you can find a copy of Mythic Egypt, the Hero System / MERP sourcebook.

I will my be putting a huge amount of effort into buying books due to postage issues.

Southlands is an exception because it's available here apparently and it's something I was thinking of getting anyway.

And don't really want to spend money on new books.

Voadam

Legend
There are a lot of great D&D Ancient Egypt sourcebooks with most still available as PDFs.

Green Ronin has Hamunaptra for D&D Egypt (dwarves and elves), and Testament (for d20 mythic biblical roleplaying including Egyptian spellcasters).

Paizo has their Osirian with both a 32 page sourcebook and a more in-depth 64 page one, in addition to the 6-part adventure path and their two 3.5 era modules.

Necromancer games had the 3e conversion of Gary Gygax's Necropolis.

Chaosium has a bunch of pulpy Call of Cthulhu adventures that sometimes take place in Egypt that could be great ideas for a fantasy Egypt D&D game.

D&D's Forgotten Realms has a fantasy Ancient Egypt area that is detailed out in the 2e Old Empires sourcebook and the 3.5 Lost Empires of Faerun. Also there is the I3-5 series of modules and the Basic D&D Nithia kingdom sourcebook with pyramid magic.

Avalanche Press had some decent d20 Egypt sourcebooks from the d20 era, and there was Mongoose Press's Conan d20 Stygia sourcebook for the Hyborian version.

Zardnaar

Legend
There are a lot of great D&D Ancient Egypt sourcebooks with most still available as PDFs.

Green Ronin has Hamunaptra for D&D Egypt (dwarves and elves), and Testament (for d20 mythic biblical roleplaying including Egyptian spellcasters).

Paizo has their Osirian with both a 32 page sourcebook and a more in-depth 64 page one, in addition to the 6-part adventure path and their two 3.5 era modules.

Necromancer games had the 3e conversion of Gary Gygax's Necropolis.

Chaosium has a bunch of pulpy Call of Cthulhu adventures that sometimes take place in Egypt that could be great ideas for a fantasy Egypt D&D game.

D&D's Forgotten Realms has a fantasy Ancient Egypt area that is detailed out in the 2e Old Empires sourcebook and the 3.5 Lost Empires of Faerun. Also there is the I3-5 series of modules and the Basic D&D Nithia kingdom sourcebook with pyramid magic.

Avalanche Press had some decent d20 Egypt sourcebooks from the d20 era, and there was Mongoose Press's Conan d20 Stygia sourcebook for the Hyborian version.

I've got some of that. Paizo stuff and 2E material.

Voadam

Legend
I like a lot of the Osirian material (a city based in the shell of a dead Spawn of Rovagug, Dominion of the Black connections, former Qadiran occupation, ancient powerful magical pharaohs with some narrative hooks) but I was a bit disappointed in the 32 page sourcebook after reading it cover to cover. I used some of the J series pyramid modules as the backstory for the party in a one-shot Mwangi expanse adventure to explain how they had a history together and it worked great.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
3e supplement Sandstorm has a 'priest of river god' class and rules for just slogging across the desert - heat, sand, rocks, exotic / semi-magical terrain.

Lamias at an oasis

The Ten Commandments (the movie, not the tablets)
Prince of Egypt - kid-friendly cartoon version of the above
Lawrence of Arabia - movie, also his autobiography "Seven Pillars of Wisdom"
+1 for Testament
any book that claims "Egypt was a colony of Atlantis" will provide some ideas to use as in-world 'ancient history' or myth or legend. And to use as out-world inside joke.

Zardnaar

Legend
3e supplement Sandstorm has a 'priest of river god' class and rules for just slogging across the desert - heat, sand, rocks, exotic / semi-magical terrain.

Lamias at an oasis

The Ten Commandments (the movie, not the tablets)
Prince of Egypt - kid-friendly cartoon version of the above
Lawrence of Arabia - movie, also his autobiography "Seven Pillars of Wisdom"
+1 for Testament
any book that claims "Egypt was a colony of Atlantis" will provide some ideas to use as in-world 'ancient history' or myth or legend. And to use as out-world inside joke.

I do have precursors that while not quite Atlantis.

Remove ads