Not finding the headline font super legible.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Perhaps it's just me - but this font/color choice is giving me a bit of a headache:

Morrus_ Unofficial Tabletop RPG News | Morrus_ Unofficial Tabletop RPG News.png

Not just you - legibility is a bit problematic right now. I would hope that this gets weeded out once things have settled down a bit.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I am with you. There's so much new and cool on the site and they've mentioned a lot more work to go so I didn't want to mention anything yet and seem like sour grapes. But since there's a comment on it, I find it hard to read - it all seems to run together. Maybe increasing the kerning so the characters are slightly farther apart or increasing the thickness of the outline would help.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
It looks like it's been switched to white with black border, which I am finding more readable.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I still think the font is too thick, which makes it hard to differentiate between letters, IMO.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I didn't see the early yellow font, but the new white with black border looks great on my laptop. May help that I have a high DPI screen on my laptop with a large LED TV as my extended monitor.

One the mobile version the font isn't as heavy. Still white with black boarder but lighter font-weight. Not sure if this the responsive design of the website, or Chrome mobile, but in any event, I'm finding the site very readable on my iPhone X and on my laptop. But I will say, after looking at the site on my phone, I'm finding I DO like the lighter font weight. Not that it is easier to read, but it is more pleasant to look at IMO.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
It’s much better now thanks :) one last suggestion: increase the opacity behind the headline, sometimes text underneath bleeds through a bit too much. But it’s a minor nit.

Remove ads