D&D 4E Not going to 4e

Sunderstone said:
I dont deny there will be house ruling, or modifying. Everyone does. I just find it amusing that people plan to modify so much of the new Core so early.

Sorry if I wasnt clearer before
But again, my point was that the people suggesting that house ruling should be easy are not those who plan on doing it. They are responding to those who suggest the flavour and mechanical changes are deal breakers.

TroyXavier

First Post
I may end up playing it if someone else is running it but I have no plans to run it or convert my game to it. For each thing I've liked, there's been at least two things I haven't.

man this thread has grown in the few days i have been gone. im glad yall are still being civil with each other and folks are still using the thread how i ment it and to talk with out it all falling apart so thanks for being civil everyone and carryon.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Creeping Death said:
I do not like the level 30 cap either.

I'll bet the game doesn't end at 30. It might in the core rules, but I'm sure there will be some product that comes out covering levels 31+.

I think it would be a foolish design decision to limit overall character level.

Roland55

First Post
Fifth Element said:
Totally unfair characterization. Such comments are made in response to those who say they will never ever ever play 4E if it has dragonborn or Golden Wyvern Adept in it.

D&D has always been houseruled by some groups; 4E will be the same, and there's no reason to deny it.

The "4e folks", as you call them, seem to be the ones willing to try the new stuff before passing judgment. Many of them will also eventually houserule some things, but at least they'll try the game first.

Too limiting.

I am not a "4e folk." I'm part of the gray middle-ground ... one of the people who refuse to go pro or con (if those 'sides' even matter) without information, evidence, facts. You know, things none of us can provide.

Any RPG is a system. A system is far more than the sum of its parts. All we've seen so far are a few tiny parts. It is irrational to pretend any of us know whether 4E is 'good' or 'bad.' We just express our hopes or fears ... or we lurk while slowly gathering data.

I will absolutely 'try the new stuff before passing judgment.' That just makes sense to me, as I hope and think it does to most people.

I'm looking forward to more facts and less outrage and emotion. I mean -- we're even arguing about what is 'core' and what is not 'core.' Heavens!! :confused:

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
Roland55 said:
Too limiting.

I am not a "4e folk." I'm part of the gray middle-ground ... one of the people who refuse to go pro or con (if those 'sides' even matter) without information, evidence, facts. You know, things none of us can provide.

Any RPG is a system. A system is far more than the sum of its parts. All we've seen so far are a few tiny parts. It is irrational to pretend any of us know whether 4E is 'good' or 'bad.' We just express our hopes or fears ... or we lurk while slowly gathering data.

I will absolutely 'try the new stuff before passing judgment.' That just makes sense to me, as I hope and think it does to most people.

I'm looking forward to more facts and less outrage and emotion. I mean -- we're even arguing about what is 'core' and what is not 'core.' Heavens!! :confused:

This perfectly sums up my view. I am excited about certain rumors for 4e, but I am reserving judgement on whether or not I am going to "upgrade" to 4e when I can see if those rumors pan out.

Anyhow, if 4e was to come out tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to jump on the wagon. I'm strapped for money and I have no group to play with! :heh:

Remove ads