Notification doesn't clear

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I am informed on every page of EN World that I have 1 Notification pending. When I click on the drop-down, it gives a link for "Campaigns & Groups." When I click on that link, it takes me to the Campaigns & Groups page -- but the Notifications indicator in the upper right of the screen stays as it was: "Notifications 1."

Is there any way I can clear that out? If so, please tell me what it is. Thanks.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I had the same notification just now, but I managed to get it to clear by clicking on it a second time. Worth a try...

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I had the same notification just now, but I managed to get it to clear by clicking on it a second time. Worth a try...
Thanks for the suggestion. All help is appreciated!

I've clicked on it about fifteen or twenty times -- still sits there. I may have to "join-a-group" in order to be able to "leave-a-group" in order to clear the notification.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OK, I'm calling it now: THIS IS A BUG.

I did manage to get the Notification cleared, and this is how I did it:
I read my e-mail at home.

That told me of the existence of a new message in the social group, "Creative Mountain Gamers." Now, notice: I'm not a member of "Creative Mountain Gamers," though I used to be. (I joined, then quit.) However, somehow I'm still subscribed to notifications about that group -- and I cannot unsubscribe from it, because the only "unsubscribe" option available to me is to unsubscribe from Threads, not from Groups. (I cleared the Notification by clicking on the most recent message thread in that group.)

I thought [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] and the programmer(s) would like to be reminded that it works this way, so they can schedule some time in upcoming months to giving users an option to unsubscribe from Groups as well as from Threads.

drothgery

First Post
It'd be nice if when the same post sets off two notifications (because it's a quote and in a subscribed thread, for example), you only have to visit it once to clear both notifications.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
. . . and -- FOUND IT!
There's a drop-down control titled "Group Tools" which contains the option to "Unsubscribe from this group."

[Select "Community" in the main nav-bar below the EN WORLD logo at the top of each page and select "Groups" from its drop-down menu. Find the group from which you want to unsubscribe and click on the name of the group. When you get to the group's page, on the right-hand side of the title bar for the group there are two further drop-downs: "Search" and "Group Tools"; select the latter. If you are subscribed, there will be an "Unsubscribe" option on that drop-down list.]

If that has been there all along, then I must have simply missed it. (Zero points to me for being observant. . . .)

Remove ads