November: What are you reading?

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I haven't really read much other than school material the last year or so, but I recently started reading A Moveable Feast by Hemingway. It's the first Hemingway I've read and I'm about half way through.

So far I like it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I've got two working at once for the moment - one at lunch at work, and the other when I'm home. Both I've read before...

The Serpent Mage - Greg Bear

Soon I Will Be Invincible - Austin Grossman

The latter is, in my humble opinion, the greatest novel written in the superhero genre to date.

Mallus

Legend
Still reading The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet by David Mitchell. I put it down for a few weeks -- not sure why, it's a very good so far.

Joker

First Post
Finished I Am Legend (excellent) and am starting The Black Company by Glen Cook.

I heard that I Am Legend was quite good.

After reading up on Ghost in the Shell on its wiki page I noticed that it was inspired by a Gibson novel called Neuromancer. So I'm reading that right now and it's pretty awesome.

Crothian

First Post
Neuromancer is pretty good. I never knew that it inspired Ghost in the Shell but thinking about it it does make sense.

I just started David Weber's Out of the Dark which sounds like a fun and different take on the whole aliens invade Earth plot.

Remove ads