Now that this is over (for now at least) What are you going to do?

Alby87

Adventurer
Gaming as I always did (that wasn't ever questioned), thinking seriously again of buying the three book I was interested when out (Many Things, Giants and Planescape, barring positive reviews), going to watch D&D movie in cinema, and watching again to Theros price drops :D

mellored

Legend
Pinky-and-the-Brain.jpg

Fanaelialae

Legend
Now it's back to business as usual. I'll continue buying D&D products as well as other RPGs. I look forward to seeing what's produced under ORC, although whether I make any purchases will depend on how appealing I find those products.

I'll most likely go see the movie. I'll probably make a new DND Beyond account when the next play test drops.

However, I expect that I'll scrutinize Hasbro/WotC's actions more closely, and be less inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt should it be called for.

Game-wise, I think our group will still move away from 5e after the current campaign and the general inclination to buy WotC game products is low. But for me personally, their change of plans is good enough that I might now go and see the movie in an actual cinema.

Retreater

Legend
1) Continue to purchase D&D's minis, PDFs and POD of older edition material
2) Be convinced by others to go with them to watch the movie (grumbling the whole time - because I think it looks like a mockery)
3) Purchase any official WotC stuff I actually want (which is rare)
4) Feel okay about running D&D events at the state library conference and hosting lectures about starting D&D clubs at your library
5) Not feel a pressing need to convert my existing 5e games to other systems
6) Be vocal online about wanting an official "irrevocable" statement added to OGL v1.0a to protect other game systems (OSE, DCC, PF, etc.)
7) Consume less vitriolic content on YouTube about this whole fiasco.
8) Assess how to forge ahead with works in progress. Ironically, right now, the "safest" system to write for is 5e because of the Creative Commons status. But I don't find 5e inspiring at all.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Keep running my Wild Beyond the Witchlight campaign. After that, I'll see what the players want.

Maybe I'll see a movie in March. Maybe I'll buy D&D products that strike my fancy. For me, it is a continuation of status quo from before the whole debacle.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
play as if nothing happened…the way I was already doing.

I will buy products I like if they produce them (I have some doubts about this) and may look for some third party published modules that have a more classic look (dudes with swords and armor).

Goodman games reprints may be on my list…we shall see.

Will watch the movie at home, maybe. Fill a few holes in
My mini collection and that’s it. I am probably becoming less the whale with their offwrings

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Now that the 5E chassis is safely available to public use, I can safely return to my plans of kitbashing Level Up so that I can create the perfect 5E game for my playstyle!
Yeah, with all these 5E-compatibles, I hope to do the same. I've been running 5E again lately, and never have I wanted to hack a game more...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases