Now that this is over (for now at least) What are you going to do?

Ondath

Hero
Yeah, with all these 5E-compatibles, I hope to do the same. I've been running 5E again lately, and never have I wanted to hack a game more...
I still maintain the view that 5e is a very robust chassis. You can find other games that do specific things better, but for general fantasy, 5e is an incredibly good middle ground.

All the better that Level Up improves on it!

Matt Thomason

Adventurer
1) Hope many people have been persuaded to try other RPGs. The more we diversify, the stronger the hobby is for not having anyone that can try to control it.
2) Work on producing some material under ORC
3) Still buy any RPG product that looks interesting (WotC ones too)
4) No real move on what I play. I play everything, with a preference towards rules-lite but happy enough to go to crunchland from time to time.
5) Keep a close eye on what gets licensed under ORC in the short-to-mid term and see if it's something I want to use, either for creating or playing.

Vael

Legend
Nothing much changes. Was running Light of Xaryxis, just signed up to run another campaign at my Local Gaming/Comics Store.

If anything, I'm more eager for the next OneDnD playtest packet because hopefully we can engage with it on its own merits, not still be caught up in OGL discussions.

Start saving up for pf2 core books that I'll buy around christmas.

As a way to always remember that Wotc tried to take the ogl 1.0a from us, whenever I run a fantasy rpg, I'll try to fit in an organization of evil wizards who live on a coast. They'll oppress, steal from, kidnap, and even murder artists and peasant-folk, but always cry crocodile tears and say that they see what they did was wrong whenever they're caught.

All orcs will get a racial bonus to attacks, saves, and even skill interactions with these evil wizards.

The evil wizards worship a deity so evil, even the other evil gods despise it. All their god seeks is to grow larger and consume. Like cancer.

For me, the whole situation made me look at what and why I was playing what I played. I realized that I was playing Pathfinder and Level Up out of inertia and nostalgia... and I have a lot of games I wanted to try out and play: Cypher, and to a lesser extent WOIN, Fantasy/Modern Age, and Genesys.
So I will take some time to do that. I'm sure I will be back for Level Up (Primarily) and some Pathfinder but with a delay. I am also really looking forward to see the new games announced during this whole thing too.

I am moving away from D&D-adjacent rules systems. I will be converting my DragonLance campaign to Savage Worlds. Part of that has nothing to do with the OGL fiasco, and more to do with my belief that D&D was never a good fit for DL.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases