D&D 5E NPC / Expert Class

ccooke

Adventurer
I'm not talking about something that can be decided based on opinion. You can enjoy making NPCs using classes and formulas. That's perfectly ok. It's good to have things you like.

There are some things that are objective. You can like the ballet all you want but that doesn't mean ballet shoes would be better for running than sneakers. The material you make them out of, the shape, and a number of other factors just makes them better. No amount of opinion or preference can change that.

My point is that it isn't NEEDED.

So, in a way, I suppose I'm agreeing with you. Go ahead and make up NPCs using an inefficient method that takes a lot of work for nearly no benefit simply because you like it. I'm not stopping you. As long as you realize it isn't needed and it isn't useful but you are doing it despite those facts.

It isn't needed... FOR YOU

It isn't useful... FOR YOU

Honestly, I really don't see why you're reacting as if this whole concept is so threatening to you.

It is not up to you what is useful or not. It is not up to me, either. WotC will decide, based upon some means of guaging the needs of their target audience, whether or not features like this are going to be a part of the official game. Every one of us will have the chance to decide if they did a good enough job FOR US.

I guarantee I am not the only person who will have the idea of a generic NPC class, whether or not WotC decide to include one in the default material for 5e. I can state with absolute confidence that I'm not the only person who would use such a system and consider it both useful and efficient.

I do not want exactly the same things out of the game as you do. My needs and wants from a game are just as (but no more) important as yours.

But what the hell. This whole thread has been utterly derailed from the beginning. I think it's time to give in and accept that there are people who can't accept that different opinions aren't some sort of infectious badwrongfun that must be cauterised with prejudice.

Remove ads