Numenera is Getting Sexy and More

dm4hire

Explorer
Don't know if anyone else on here has seen the recent post on Facebook from Monte's camp.

Numenera said:
Love and Sex in the Ninth World.

(cover by the freaking amazing Cathy Wilkins. Available on DriveThruRPG on Feb. 10th)

About the book: Love and Sex in the Ninth World is a guide to integrating elements of love and sex into any Numenera story or adventure. In addition to details on Ninth World relationships, courtship rituals, commitment ceremonies, and sexual practices, it provides game master advice on how, when, and why to add love and sex to your game; tips for sex- and love-driven storylines; and ways in which to handle sensitive topics at the table.

This supplement contains adult content. Recommended for mature readers only.

I'm not surprised by this release though I wonder if it is a little to early in the game's development to release.

when ever I see
all I can think is it is meant for immature jokes and things...

While i think this has generally been true in the history of RPGs, and we all geta bit wary when we see the label on a product, i believe the person in charge of this development is Shanna Germain and i think she is more than capable of handling the topic with taste and maturity.

While i think this has generally been true in the history of RPGs, and we all geta bit wary when we see the label on a product, i believe the person in charge of this development is Shanna Germain and i think she is more than capable of handling the topic with taste and maturity.

Not that there is anything the matter with immature jokes

Serendipity

Explorer
Cool. I don't play Numenera or have any real interest in doing so, but good for them. While I recognize that 'mature' often serves as code for 'sexism, crude language, and toilet humor' it isn't always and I appreciate not every game out there feeling a need to white wash their games into so-called 'family friendly' territory.

dm4hire

Explorer
I have to admit the different aspects may be worth covering since it is set a billion years in our future if only to see the speculation they have thought of. It will be interesting if they take the sex part to the extreme in vein similar to "Demolition Man" where humans don't copulate anymore and it is all done via some process. Perhaps a Numenera device that perspective mates touch that combines their DNA.

dm4hire

Explorer
Well, "handling the subject"* depends not only on the author, but also the gamers. A juvenile group can find humor in even the most scholarly treatment.

* snicker

I see what you did there. ;)

I would agree that it definitely depends on your group as a whole. "Book of Erotic Fantasy" was actually a decent book but when it came out there was no way I would run it with any of my gamers. While it was focused toward the d20 crowd and this one will be fore Numenera I think it would be almost better to write a systemless book to reach a broader audience. It's a niche subject and will see very little play I think overall. Still it will be interesting to see where they take it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases