• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NWN - Play in 1st person!

Fyrie

Explorer
Neverwinter Vault has a hack posted that will let you unlock the camera and be able to toggle in-and-out of first person. I have been using this for about a day, and I must say it makes the game much more immersive. There is no sky, but heck, you already see black space as the camera is, so no big deal.

The hack can be found here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data/1028560389795.shtml

Read down to the responses to find out how to set the driving cam for first person view.

This is really cool!

Thanee

First Post
Yeah, that lack of camera control was the first thing I complained about when playing the game. Always wanted to put the camera down on horizontal level. I had found this hack a week or so ago and yes, it's absolutely cool. I havn't tried first person view yet.

I think I know, why they put such restrictive angles into the game, tho. Whenever the camera is at a position, where it would look through an obstacle, it drastically zooms towards the character, which looks a little goofy and happens a lot more, when you have it set to a more horizontal angle.

Now if they only had changed the useage of pg up/dn (tilt) and curser up/dn (zoom), that would be really useful as well!

Maybe I should E-Mail the author of this fine piece about this for the next revision.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads