O.L.D., The Medieval Fantasy WOIN Hardcover, Is Here!

Now that the hardcovers are arriving in the hands of Kickstarter backers, the hardcover version of O.L.D. The Fantasy Heroic Roleplaying Game is now available! This beautiful 350-page hardcover book contains rules for character creation, a wide array of medieval and fantasy equipment (including the Bohemian Earspoon!), a flexible, freeform verb-noun magic system powered by Magic Points, rules for wilderness travel, stronghold building, and warfare, and extensive guidelines for building your own setting, races, careers, monsters, and more. O.L.D. is fully compatible with N.E.W., and other WOIN (What's OLD is NEW) roleplaying games, so you can mix and match to your heart's content!

Now that the hardcovers are arriving in the hands of Kickstarter backers, the hardcover version of O.L.D. The Fantasy Heroic Roleplaying Game is now available! This beautiful 350-page hardcover book contains rules for character creation, a wide array of medieval and fantasy equipment (including the Bohemian Earspoon!), a flexible, freeform verb-noun magic system powered by Magic Points, rules for wilderness travel, stronghold building, and warfare, and extensive guidelines for building your own setting, races, careers, monsters, and more. O.L.D. is fully compatible with N.E.W., and other WOIN (What's OLD is NEW) roleplaying games, so you can mix and match to your heart's content!

"Everything you need for a fantasy heroic roleplaying game. This beautiful 350-page full-colour hardcover book provides the tools to create and run adventures in any fantasy setting! Whether you're a fellowship sneaking into enemy terrain, watchmen protecting a rain-sodden town, hunting a mighty fire dragon, or exploring the dark depths of places best left alone, O.L.D. has you covered!"

Igwilly

First Post
Hey, I want to ask something:

In the near future, I’ll GM a game based around time-travel. I would use AD&D 2e for that, but I’ve wanted to leave D&D for a while, and these games seem very interesting.
I plan to mix characters and adventures from many eras as the PCs travel around time trying to prevent an apocalypse. It’ll have a more science fantasy take, instead of a purely fantasy or purely sci-fi one, mixing tropes. I already have my idea of world (more or less), how time-travel works, and the plot; I just need a system to translate that. I’ve read that those games are compatible; so, do you think the W.O.I.N system – at least when N.O.W. is released – is or will be a good system for time-travel? A change from D&D for a while seems nice :D

Yaarel

He Mage
The complementary pdf starterkit has premade spells. I cant really tell how well the verb-noun magic system works, mechanically. Yet it looks appealing, and if it works in a robust balanced way, it is a strong selling point for the WOIN system.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hey, I want to ask something:

In the near future, I’ll GM a game based around time-travel. I would use AD&D 2e for that, but I’ve wanted to leave D&D for a while, and these games seem very interesting.
I plan to mix characters and adventures from many eras as the PCs travel around time trying to prevent an apocalypse. It’ll have a more science fantasy take, instead of a purely fantasy or purely sci-fi one, mixing tropes. I already have my idea of world (more or less), how time-travel works, and the plot; I just need a system to translate that. I’ve read that those games are compatible; so, do you think the W.O.I.N system – at least when N.O.W. is released – is or will be a good system for time-travel? A change from D&D for a while seems nice :D

They are 100% compatible with each other, yep. Mix and match to your heart's content!

Remove ads

Remove ads