• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oathbound : Homecoming (the gathering) everybody in!

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan nods at Faustus's words.

"We were not invisible to it, the imp may have already seen us. We should move quickly to disable it. Any spells to aid in its interrogation can wait until we have managed to capture it."

Voadam

Legend
kirinke said:
Marissa pulls the others down into the nearby bushes and far enough away so that the imp can't hear or sense them.

"There's an imp down there," she whispers. "Kyron, can you cast protection from evil on us and can you also discern lies? we need to take it prisoner." she grinned nastily. "And then we need to get some answers from it,"

"I can not cast either of those spells. I can, however, give us a war blessing that will last for seven minutes. Do not break the invisibility until we need to. Lets press into the heart of this as quickly as we can then kill every demon and undead we find and disrupt the ongoing ritual. If you see a demon attack it immediately, this will break the invisibility, but don't let that stay your hand if they see us. I can keep back the minor undead as needed after the invisibility breaks. Let's go."

"Oh and I could not tell what killed the hawk. It could be a death effect on the top layers of the tower that affects living things entering the area or there could be something up there that killed it."

Voadam

Legend
"We should kill the imp quickly then immediately press into the tower. Was the hawk the imp and it is faking being dead to spy on us? Or is the imp there invisibily or hidden? Be aware, an imp is a minor flying devil that has a poisonous sting and can shapechange and go invisible. Some evil casters use them as familiars which means killing it could hurt its master if it is in fact bound that way. Lead on Marissa."

Kyron dismounts, draws his sword, and readies his shield.

kirinke

First Post
Marissa scowls. "Taking it alive for questioning. Imps habitually don't like whoever is keeping them on this plane and would do anything to screw their master over, just on general principals. If we do kill it, we'll just be destroying it's phsyical body. In any case, it won't be a problem for us, at least for a while."

ferretguy

First Post
Julian smiles...Well my friends, it looks that our course is clear before us...to destroy the evil we face before it grows stronger...perhaps that is the meaning of our commen marking. Cast your spell and let us dawdle no longer.

Ferrix

Explorer
"Evil or not, there's a story to be told here, and we might as well play the part for now, plus, what better stories are there than dancing with beasts from beyond this world?" With a chuckle, he unhooks the rope-like weapon from his belt and begins to slowly twirl the two heads of the meteor hammer.

Voadam

Legend
kirinke said:
Marissa scowls. "Taking it alive for questioning. Imps habitually don't like whoever is keeping them on this plane and would do anything to screw their master over, just on general principals. If we do kill it, we'll just be destroying it's phsyical body. In any case, it won't be a problem for us, at least for a while."

"Marissa, time is of the essence, we must strike hard and quick to disrupt this Evil before it has secured itself. Already we have seen many servitors working constantly at its creation and the tower is even now a full eight stories. We do not have time to capture, secure, and interrogate a fiend whose breed is known for lying with truth. I would not suggest staying your hand with any fiends in here."

Kyron casts bless

GPEKO

First Post
Orillian

Orillian looks at the others with some frustration in his face. "Enough of this ! Don't you listen to me ? I said I had a charm to bring a creature to our side. A small imp will make a perfect guide to this devilish place. Now, where is it ?"

OOC: If/Once he sees the imp, Orillian will cast charm monster on it. The range is close (40 ft.) however, so he might have to get closer (save DC 18).

Last edited:

Remove ads