• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oathbound : Homecoming (the gathering) everybody in!

kirinke

First Post
Marisa

Marisa blinks, hearing some rustling in the undergrowth. She turns, the scimitars in her hand and relaxes when a familar, albino half-orc appears. "Baja?" she asks. he looked, well almost spooked. "What is wrong?" she queries, relaxing her 'ready' stance.

deadestdai

First Post
Baja took a deep breath, made sure he was smiling (Because he knew thatthis kind of news made others a wee bit scared.) and replied, Dere's dead'ns where I woz. They are workin' on suthin'.... liftin' and carryin'. Wanna come see? I woulda bashed them He brandished his club proudly, But me's sure one of you's would want to come and bash them too? Baja not greedy. Make sure that everyone gets to break dead'ns.

Ferrix

Explorer
With a mirthful laugh Faustus claps his hands together and says "you're a good man Baja, quite considerate too, now let's go take care of some of those dead'ns."

kirinke

First Post
"We should follow them. Simply wandering around and bashing dead-things will not get us any closer to the temple. And the ruckus will certainly alert whoever is controlling them," Marissa warns and grins lopsidedly. "After we figure out where they're going, we can always kill them then,"

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
As much as I would enjoy sending undead back to the grave....I would agree with Marissa. Following them to their stronghold will give us an idea whats going on and ..... Julian smiled at Baja More dead'ns to destroy,

Voadam

Legend
kirinke said:
"We should follow them. Simply wandering around and bashing dead-things will not get us any closer to the temple. And the ruckus will certainly alert whoever is controlling them," Marissa warns and grins lopsidedly. "After we figure out where they're going, we can always kill them then,"

"Are we that close to the fortress that a skirmish would be heard? It would be good to disrupt their work and eliminate these weaker servants while they are alone and we do not have more pressing minions of evil to deal with at the same time. If they are mindless undead skeletons their tracks may be easy to follow. However, if stealth is required I have a charm that will cloak each of us, but not our mounts, from the senses of mindless undead such as the type these skeletons sound to be. This will allow us to follow them without triggerring any commands they may have to attack observers on sight. Sentient undead may be able to pierce the cloak depending upon their strength of will. Be aware though, the cloak will break when we attack. Following them in to where they work we may be able to cut straight to the heart of this operation and disrupt it so that may be best despite the opportunity to destroy these ones now."

kirinke

First Post
Marisa:

Marissa looks at Kyron, grimly. "Oftentimes, the necromancer has a link to the undead he controls. If we kill the creatures, we distrupt the link. We disrupt the link, the necromancer will be alerted to our presence. But your idea does have merit. I have heard of this spell-cloak, though I myself am unable to cast it as of yet," she smiled, but there was no humor to it. "I suggest we use your spell to follow the creatures undetected and then determin what we are really up against,"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan draws his blade and readies his shield in preparation for moving out. He watches as those with more experience combating the lifeless argue over tactics, but soon wearies of their discussion and turns to warily observing the forest around them.

kirinke

First Post
Marissa:

Marissa catches Tristan's frustrated look. "Peace Tristan. If we go into this half-blind, we will be half-dead before the night is out," she grinned at the inadverdant pun.

ooc:
I'm playing Marissa as a very cautious, calculating ranger-type. Considering her background, not too surprising. And we really need to agree on tactics.
I'm all in favor of following the critters with Kyron casting hide-from-undead on us, then gauging the layout of the place b4 we go and deal some holy whoop-buttocks on these guys...

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan turns back to the group when Marisa addresses him. He looks around at the group and shrugs slightly.

"I am not suggesting we run in, I am simply out of my element. When everyone was discussing our opponents when we first set out, I said that we should wait and see what we would be facing. Now we know, and the time for planning has arrived. I simply do not have experience facing foes who are not alive, and nor do I know much of magics and how they may be used to hide us. In this battle I am a blade and a shield and I will fight for the group, and that is what I am preparing for."

ooc:
I recognize the need for good planning, but I've seen far too many PbP games fall apart because the group spends a month or two planning for an encounter. Tristan's driven nature is a bit metagamey, but I like this game and don't want to see it fail.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads