Oaths, Geasa and Regimen - creating Boons and Grandmaster Training

MoutonRustique

Explorer
While your ideas are very much valid and of interest to me, I also find it funny (enough to comment on it) that you have built a 10 post thread all by yourself. I am unsure if applause or frown is the correct response - and so I shall do both. :) :hmm:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
While your ideas are very much valid and of interest to me, I also find it funny (enough to comment on it) that you have built a 10 post thread all by yourself. I am unsure if applause or frown is the correct response - and so I shall do both. :) :hmm:

Heh, I operate in creative bursts another might have posted one wall of text. In a team I am the spark who can come up with unusual approaches to problems and design goals and directions and find connections where others might not and I happen to be confident enough to talk to myself in public (insane apparently).

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Inspired by elements of Birthright and its Highlander Roots I have added

The Power of Naming or The Heraldic Gift or The Blood sense - many develop the ability to recognize or sense the bloodlines (generally this includes sensing of fully Fae/Daemons/Divine/Drakonic entities) and sometimes strong affiliation and even make some measure of their empowerment or even know the name of the one sensed. In combat this makes it far more difficult to achieve surprise and generally makes it futile for two potent individuals to seek it. Alongside honorable combatant oaths this makes more straightforward fighting styles the norm amongst many bloodlines. This ability is sometimes fairly subtle and involves insight checks.

These ideas and refinements also located here.

http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html

Last edited:

Remove ads