D&D 5E Obelisks? [spoilers YES]

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I guess there's obelisks that have been appearing in adventures for years? I've read, run or played in almost all the adventures, and I'm not clear on when/where the obelisks appear

Can someone point to some of the obelisks in question? Like which encounter or location in which adventure path?

Feel free to mask your spoiler response with the spoiler tags but fair warning to readers of this thread - I totally expect to hear spoilers here

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I guess there's obelisks that have been appearing in adventures for years? I've read, run or played in almost all the adventures, and I'm not clear on when/where the obelisks appear

Can someone point to some of the obelisks in question? Like which encounter or location in which adventure path?

Feel free to mask your spoiler response with the spoiler tags but fair warning to readers of this thread - I totally expect to hear spoilers here
I have run some and read a few but this is the first I have heard of them also.

Not fully read up on the obelisks, but the most blatant one is in Rime of the Frostmaiden:

It's in the crashed Netherese flying city of Ythryn, and is especially notable because unlike the ones in other adventures, it can be activated, whereupon it triggers one of the alternate endings by promptly transporting the PCs thousands of years into the past to when Netheril was at its height and stranding them there.

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
One got stolen by cloud giants at the start of SKT
There's one in a random (?) encounter in OotA
There's one in Chult that can act as a portal if you happen to have another item (some glasses, IIRC) on you.
There's at least one in RotFM in the crashed Netherese city under the ice.
Ok, remember the one in SKT
Huh, would love it if someone was able to point it out in OotA. There were some parts of that AP that we skipped
The Chultan one... Hmm, will have to review. It'll be a while before my players get there
Ah yes, I remember there were actually quite a few obelisks in RotFM in the city (one of my favorite locations across the WotC adventures)

Remove ads