D&D 5E Obelisks? [spoilers YES]

aco175

Legend
They have been setting this up for a long time.

1680050295481.png

This one was in Utah a few years ago, but not connected to the adventure.

1680050375274.png

Maybe they plan to undo the 4th edition time jump and the Spellplague for the Forgotten Realms? And, since I think they plan to release a Greyhawk book next year, maybe they plan to undo the semi-unpopular Greyhawk Wars alterations?
I’d bet any money that they won’t do this. I loathed the whole spellplague business as much as anyone, but it’s settled now, FR is in a quasi-status quo ante state, and I don’t think anyone at WotC will be wanting to rake over that old wound. It’s very clear that WotC aren’t really in the world building business any more.

When WotC talks about metaplot and continuity these days, what the generally mean is ‘some of our adventures will have Easter eggs referring to other adventures in them’. Nothing that renders previous products obsolete, nothing that kills off or destroys anything their other products refer to.

JEB

Legend
I'm betting Vecna will use the Obelisks to "reset" the timeline of all D&D worlds, so the next edition lore can start from a blank state, since RotFM says he used it to erase the Weavers from existence, and you can reset the timeline to before Karsu's Folly with the one present in the adventure.
Or maybe he already did (see: rebooted Ravenloft, rebooted Spelljammer, etc...)

Remove ads