Obi-Wan

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I wonder if we will ever know it is him. And will they get James Earl Jones to do his voice? What will Lucasfilm do when JEJ finally passes on? (Did he do Vader’s voice in Rebels? I can’t remember.)

They will do the same thing that companies always do; hire a talented actor who can approximate the voice.

Did Disney stop using Mickey Mouse when Walt Disney passed away (and/or was too busy to do the voice)?
Do we no longer see Bugs Bunny since Mel Blanc passed away (not to mention the other characters)?
When Hugo Weaving didn't return for Avengers: Endgame, did that stop the all-powerful Disney from using a voice-a-like?

If nothing keeps companies from replacing major characters onscreen (Dumbledore, Rachel Dawes, too many to name), nothing will stop Disney. Because the inevitable rule in life is ... Cash Rules Everything Around Me ... Dollar Dollar Bill Y'all.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If nothing keeps companies from replacing major characters onscreen (Dumbledore, Rachel Dawes, too many to name), nothing will stop Disney. Because the inevitable rule in life is ... Cash Rules Everything Around Me ... Dollar Dollar Bill Y'all.

And, honestly, even if there wasn't servitude to the Almighty Dollar... why shouldn't they continue with a new actor? Saying that you can't replace an actor is like saying... nobody can ever do another staging of a Shakespeare play.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
James Bond, Batman, Superman, Macbeth -- characters get recast, especially as previous actors age out of the roles. This isn't a problem.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
They replaced James Bond??!!??
p5KeehWuuCmc3fY1pPOML5T6e9O.jpg
0017.jpg

hopeless

Adventurer
Maybe they're supposed to serve as a counterpoint with Obi-Wan dealing with his situation and then we discover what Darth Vader is doing during the same period?
With the events of the series crossing over in unusual ways but NOT with them meeting each other properly before episode 4!

Remove ads