Obi-Wan

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Right. Especially because they cannot be sure everyone watched the animated Clone Wars series. The only Anakin they should reliably lean on is Ep 1-3, and maybe they want/need stuff that wasn't on screen in those films.
Nah, they'll reference Clone Wars, quite nearly guaranteed. They'll just do it in a way where the scene and episode will make sense regardless of whether you have seen what is being referenced, just like the OT references all sorts of history without explanation.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Nah, they'll reference Clone Wars, quite nearly guaranteed. They'll just do it in a way where the scene and episode will make sense regardless of whether you have seen what is being referenced, just like the OT references all sorts of history without explanation.

So, do we have to go into the difference between "reference" and "lean on"?

MarkB

Legend
I had forgotten about Maul - it's almost guaranteed we'll see him in this, isn't it? I mean, why wouldn't they go there?
Because Rebels fairly solidly established that Maul had been searching fruitlessly for Obi-Wan for a long time before his appearance in that show.

Because Rebels fairly solidly established that Maul had been searching fruitlessly for Obi-Wan for a long time before his appearance in that show.
10 BBY Maul was leading one of the most powerful crime syndicates in the galaxy. There is nothing to suggest he knew, or cared, Kenobi was still alive.

4 BBY he is a washed up old man grubbing around in the ruins of Malachor, obsessed with vengeance against Obi Wan Kenobi.

Something must have happened in between.

hopeless

Adventurer
I think this is a common expectation. Kenobi seems to slot in at 9-8 BBY, between Solo and Rebels, and Maul is in both of those.

However, Ventress should be dead at that point.
Depends if that one book they will treat as canon though in the comics she fled into the Outer Rim after narrowly surviving a mission I think involved other members of the Forgotten (former Jedi who left the order like Dooku, but Dooku wasn't part of this).
Edit: By this point most of her Nightsister colleagues were dead, but was this book set after Maul escaped after he was caught by Sidious at the end of the Clone Wars season 5?
Its just that if Maul's mother might have saved Ventriss and they only thought she was dead if the book was set before Sidious managed to defeat her once and for all?

Depends if that one book they will treat as canon though in the comics she fled into the Outer Rim after narrowly surviving a mission I think involved other members of the Forgotten (former Jedi who left the order like Dooku, but Dooku wasn't part of this).
Dark Disciple is still listed as canon.

Remove ads