• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obscure Films

Nerditorium

First Post
Overall, good video. The 5 films are genuinely obscure. I can't say I completely agree with your praise of the couple of these films that I've seen, but I get where you're coming from. I also like the way that the intro is short (I really hate when YouTube channels spend the first 30 seconds of a video begging for Subscribes).

One recommendation I have is to trim up the time a little. For only 5 films being covered, 13 minutes is kind of long. There are a couple of sections (e.g. the Carnotaur 2 praise) where it seems like you repeat yourself a lot. You could also talk faster. I think this video could probably have been trimmed down to 10 minutes without losing anything.

Youtube video lists of movies, shows, and video games are common because you get to see clips of the media being discussed. By showing snips of the movies, you get a better idea of whether or not it's worth pursuing.

Thank you for your input. That was my first video that had more complex elements of splicing material together. I am learning with each video, but I take my criticisms to further my video quality. It means a lot that you care to offer suggestions. That particular video was a third attempt after losing my work, and much of the voiceover work was done well into the latenite hours (in short: I was VERY exhausted). I am working to improve my performance, so I am hoping newer videos show enthusiasm in my voice. I cringed when I saw the runtime (my projected length was 8-10 mins), but I was anxious to move on from the project after spending three attempts at making it.

My newer videos plan to focus on D&D and RPGs for the moment, so hopefully if interested you check back up and see the progress.

Its okay if you don't agree with my choices. These are movies that have special memories attached to them, and just films I enjoy watching. That is why I like that people are giving their own lists here. I like seeing what other movies people like, and what special moments they enjoy in them. Thank you, again, for the feedback.

In the eternal Italian horror maestro contest of Argento vs. Fulci, while I think Argento is better at his craft, Fulci is just plain more entertaining and gonzo. But yeah, the gore is a big (if not the main) selling point.

Ah, that IS the movie I was thinking of. Gates of Hell... I think in the same scene someone crushes their own skull. It was a disturbing scene. Personally, I think Fulci's films would most likely be forgetable if not for the bizarre imagery and extreme gore in his works. But I remember Zombi 2 being well done for a low-budget film. I believe that is considered his masterpiece.

Remove ads