[Oct] What Are You Reading?

Well,

Finished Valnir's Bane, a Warhammer Novel (a sequel is coming out in a month or so). Like most Warhammer novels, this is pretty thin, barely over 200 pages.

Nice read, but I can some it up in one sentence:

"Dirty Dozen in Warhammer". A bunch of mis-fit convicts is forced to undergo a final suicide mission. If they survive, their record will be wiped clean.

The book has a few twists and turns and is well written, but nothing spectactular. If you like the Warhammer world (or a gritty D&D style world), the Warhammer series is pretty good.

Now, I'm starting Death's Messenger by Sandy Mitchell, another Warhammer novel. This one is over 400 pages & the blurb on the back mentions it tying in with the new Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. But, I'm not sure how.

I've also just ordered "The Essintial Ellision, a 50 year Retrospective" from Amazon.

Starman

Adventurer
Vraille Darkfang said:
I've also just ordered "The Essintial Ellision, a 50 year Retrospective" from Amazon.

A fantastic book. While I had read a few of his stories, this was my first real introduction to him. I was blown away. He has such a fantastic gift with words. After reading through it and some of his other books now, I easily rank him as one of the best authors I've ever read.

ShrinkyLink

First Post
delericho said:
Fiction: "The Joiner King" by Troy Denning. I'm not really enjoying it. I don't know why, but it just seems to be falling flat..

Dear oh dear. I've just ordered the second book in the series without reading 'Joiner King'--the completist geek in me, I suppose. I didn't really enjoy Denning's FR work, so you fiinding it flat doesn't surprise. Just loved the covers.

Remove ads