Odd Places that Make Decent Locations in Game

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Pyote Air Force Base 220px-Pyoteab-1.jpg

Also called Rattlesnake Bomber Base - this was a stop my dad and I made on your way to Round Valley. At a rest stop, there was a sign that told you why it was called rattlesnake, yes a lot of rattlesnakes in the area. During building, the found hollow spaces under a thin layer of sand, these hollow space where den to rattlesnake, lots of rattlesnakes, 10s of thousands. I could not find reference to the number on-line and wish I took pics of the information but thought it was interesting.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Barcelona, Spain has a number of buildings designed by Gaudi. Gaudi loved curves and colors. His biggest building is the Sacra Familia cathedral.* In town, he also designed some apartment buildings and houses for the wealthy. He planned out what was supposed to become a suburb (in the 1920s) but it never took off. The completed 'model house' looks like the winning entry in a Gingerbread House contest, life-sized.

For D&D purposes, making a neighborhood of Gaudi buildings would be a unique (and hopefully memorable) place to adventure through.

* 100 years a-building and still not finished. Although the City DID finally send over the construction permits!

Remove ads