• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ODDCon Cancelled

Methuslah

First Post
I’m afraid I have to report that ODDCon 2004 is going to have to be cancelled. More than a month ago, I secured a room at the Three Crowns, a pub in Isleworth, that was more than suitable for our needs. I did not, however, receive the written confirmation I had been promised, though I was assured several times that everything was OK.

On Wednesday, I called up to find out about the confirmation and to confirm numbers, to be told that they wished to change the conditions. Now, they wanted a sizable sum of money to secure the room; they would not even tell me how much, nor would they agree anything; I was to wait to be contacted by a manager in Cambridge. Despite asking, I did not receive his name or telephone number.

As of this morning, I still have not heard from him. As a result, and after attempting and failing to secure another room, I am forced to cancel ODDCon. It would be unfair to you to cancel this at the last minute, and I believe that there is no chance of being able to restore it for that date.

I apologize for this; I had been greatly looking forward to ODDCon. However, it seems that there is nothing I can do. I ask that you please contact anyone you had privately informed about the Con and let them know that it is called off.

My apologies, once again,
Richard Tongue

P.S. If no-one objects, I intend to bounce this message on Monday morning, to ensure that those who only have internet access at work pick it up.

Fester

First Post
Shame.

Still, perhaps you could take your experiences from this mini-adventure and try and put together a Convention for 2005 - this time knowing what does and doesn't need to be done.

From what I can remember, there seemed to be quite some interest - so don't let the b:):):):):)d's grind you down !!

Last edited:

Zander

Explorer
I was hesitating between OddCon and the LotR festival at Ali Pali that Saturday. I had come down in favour of the con as the festival runs for 3 days. But now that the con has been cancelled, I'll go to the LotR event instead. http://www.aaaevents.co.uk

I'm sorry that OddCon didn't work out and I'd like to thank you for letting us know far in advance. Much obliged. ;)

Jaws

First Post
Darn. I was all set to try that old man's game

I guess I will have to keep playing Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed and Eberron.

j.

Remove ads