• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Experience June 1st - June 15th

Code:
Myth and Legend                    430
Frozen Messiah                     150
Dragonwriter                       290
ghostcat                           330
Gondsman                           155
Deskjob                             50

Hmm.. "No plan survives contact with the enemy." LOL that said all your plans are good but until the brracadies are erected there is no way to know the size.

Battle starts tonight (I'm at the library :confused:) so at least by 9pm EST LOL and once I post the opener you will have time to give orders/arrange people before the Treylor advance.

BUT most importantly where are the scrolls Lurik defiently has the minor creation one does he have all the others???

I got alot to do posting villiager stats and such but going to catch up to my 17 subsrcibed threads.

HM

Gondsman

Explorer
Again why I asked for a map key, I'm still too new to this group to figure these things out for myself when people don't specifically state that their post isn't in response to the previous post.

When I had the idea to use the barrier for the archers, I never had any intention of the swordsmen covering behind it too, therefore I wasn't a front liner. Archers don't have to move around to help other parts of the line, swordsmen do, and if they have to jump or go around a barrier, why were they behind it to start? It would be one thing if we were defending castle walls, but this is the open field. My plan is to create the wall for the archers/crossbowmen. If anyone wants to hide behind me... that is their business.

While I support the men at arms taking cover until we can draw them close enough to engage with a charge rather than let them rain arrows upon us, I'm talking about once we have actually joined combat, and a 2'4" wall won't protect very many people, and will give fewer total cover.

so to HM, other than the scroll, what barriers are the nobility planning on, how many crossbowmen and who commands them, and how exactly are we all to be divided up? If there is a post somewhere that already addresses some of this, please link it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
This post has the start of the discussion as how troops are to be divided. You can go from ther I think Jareth suggested seperating the group after that.

HM

Myth and Legend

First Post
It is historically accurate to have men-at-arms in the mix of your archers. Even the most famous "longbow victories" like Crecy and Agingcourt the English would mix the troops in and have the archers be supported when it came to melee. The archers themselves were not paper dolls like they are portrayed in video games and movies, but were capable melee warriors themselves, frequently using the hammers they used to drive their stake defenses in to the ground as weapons.

If Lora has a saying about the defense, it would be that caltorps be spread across the field to slow down the enemy's advance (stakes are of low usefulness versus a foot only force)

Dragonwriter

First Post
HM, I have a question... Why did you stat the men-at-arms and the Treylor soldiers as Fighters (d10)? Did you mean to do Warriors? (DMG recommends Warriors, due to NPC classes being easier and less training.)

This isn't meant to be pestering, just checking. It might reduce the workload in the future, too. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Opps my typo and I had just looked all that up and had it done too, LOL they are d8 will change.

Update I have the opening post in the editing stages and am looking to post the map/combat post seperately. So their will be a placeholder for that for a little while.

I didn't want to rush through but it seems everyone is ready EXCEPT for the SCROLLS please post what you have in you comabt stats post I guess.

HM

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora is taking Rainbow Pattern. Regroup, is that in the PHB2? Please state the sources if they are not SRD ;)

BTW if we have a blacksmith available and Vance tells him to pull out an all-nighter he can make a sufficient amount of caltorps.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No blacksmith was busy making nails and spikes and other things to help bind the barricades together.

Since this is a warm up battle to what I wish for this campaign Lora gets all the caltrops she wants next time, ;)

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok map is up and all I await is your init's and any prep you wish to do I think it will be fun to see everyone getting into postion and ready while the Treylor bare down on them. :devil:

HM

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads