Official D&D Errata Updated (Nov 2018)

Monster Manual: http://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/Mm-Errata.pdf DMG: http://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/DMG-Errata.pdf

Now we know for a fact that all creatures can recover their HP over a short rest, which means nothing is really getting hit until that last blow :(

Edit: And it looks like you can now punch the Tarrasque to death, since it's only immune to damage from nonmagical weapons, and unarmed strikes are no longer classified as weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Their errata needs errata: The list a bard's Magical Secrets as being on page 50, but it's actually on page 54. :D

Gadget

Adventurer
No comments on the Contagion update? A sorely needed change, IMHO, as both the original reading and the Sage interpretation had serious problems.

alexs73

Villager
Er, the Player's Handbook errata document listed here and on the WotC site seem to link to version 1.21 of the errata PDF, which came out in 2016. I already had version 1.22, dated 2017. What am I missing here?

Asgorath

Explorer
I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed in the Beast Master changes, I think many of us were expecting something stronger than this:

If you don’t issue a command, the beast takes the Dodge action.

Continuing the previously-issued command on subsequent rounds would've been a much more compelling choice, it's unclear if that would've been enough to fix the Beast Master but this certainly doesn't feel sufficient.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Okay, the errata for the true polymorph spell says:

In the “Creature into Object” subsection (p. 284), the following text is appended to the first sentence: “, as long as the object’s size is no larger than the creature’s size.

That's already in the sentence, but the sentence (in the first printing) also continues to state "and the creature’s challenge rating is 9 or lower."

So, is this extraneous or are they saying to get rid of the bit about CR 9?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed in the Beast Master changes, I think many of us were expecting something stronger than this:

Yeah, that tidbit had been droppen via video a week or two ago, and it wasn't popular then, either.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I am glad that the beast master was just given errata rather than rule changes.

There is nothing broken about it to fix.

It is good that they spell out that it can spend hit rice and take reactions. We always played it that way but good to have that clarification for people.

An extra body on the battlefield which usually has great mobility is underrated.

Remove ads

Remove ads