D&D 5E Official "Domains of Delight" product released on the DMsGuild

J.Quondam

CR 1/8

Weiley31

Legend
Wait, so there aren't any more example Domains? I was hoping for at least a rundown of some archfey and domains, like the Summer Queen or Prince of Frost.
The Feywild book for 4E is probably gonna be your best bet. Even though its from a previous edition, the 4E stuff for Fey and the Feywild is pretty much unmatched. Combine that with Kobold Press's take on Fey from their Midgard setting plus with Wild Beyond the Witchlight and you should be good for 5E Fey.

Quickleaf

Legend
Who's the authors? It will be interesting to see what tools they provide to capture the whimsical dream-state of it all and especially the darker aspects of the Gloaming Court
Adam Lee is the writer credit, but lots of developers and editors (Chris Perkins, Jeremy Crawford listed for both, also Ben Petrisor developer, and Judy Bauer editor), and Shiaw-Ling Lai as cultural consultant.

Quickleaf

Legend
Wait, so there aren't any more example Domains? I was hoping for at least a rundown of some archfey and domains, like the Summer Queen or Prince of Frost.
No real examples. Yarnspinner's domain gets about a paragraph. As far as domain content goes it's 6-pages of inspirational tables and some connective tissue guidance about how to use them and how to think about fey domains.

Quickleaf

Legend
A little earlier today, @Quickleaf posted a quick overview in another thread:

Thanks Quondam. I didn't realize this would get its own thread! Here's my thoughts re-posted:

Chapter 1 - Feywild Overview is really well done and full of imminently useful stuff. No clues or easter eggs to speak of, just reiterating that Summer Court = Seelie Court (Titania leads), and Gloaming Court = Unseelie Court (Queen of Air and Darkness leads).

Chapter 2 - Creating an Archfey is four pages that just felt paper thin to me. Not sure how much space was devoted in VGtR for making dark lords, but I feel like it was more comprehensive than this. No clues or easter eggs.

Chapter 3 - Creating a Domain of Delight is short but well done, definitely enough tables to provide you with a creative foundation to springboard off from. At the end, on the Domain Visitors table is mention of an arcanoloth searching for one of the Books of Keeping – which seemed odd, unless the Queen of Air and Darkness is known for binding yugoloths?

Chapter 4 - Putting it All Together covers the archfey Yarnspinner, a paragraph on its domain Fablerise (which is apparently located in Thither within Prismeer), and a full page art spread.

And then there's 13 pages reprinting handouts from Witchlight's appendix: NPC Cards & Story Tracker. Which kind of sucks, because really that stuff should be a free download, in my opinion, for DMs who don't have easy access to a photocopier, who don't want to crack the binding on their book, or who are using a Roll20/Fantasy Grounds copy of the book but want the physical handouts.

But it's going to a good charity, so there's that.

Remove ads