• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official YB 2.1 Rules Update (May 2-2003)

reiella

Explorer
Hmm, it would only effect Tier 6/Tier 7 Light pathers (assuming you keep the requirement that you have the location before you can master it).

And I don't believe anyone has Location Imm or Location Mastery on an item yet, I may be wrong however.

reiella

Explorer
Rei/Meowth forgot about Arena Fighter...

Hmm... Prolly should strip immunity as well (for same reasons).

However. There is a much stronger case for something to accomadate them however. Especially at the lower tiers.

Kalanyr

Explorer
A proposed compensation for Sash. Courtesy of Rei.

Powers and Abilities
Copper sash: Signature Style, Arena Fighter,Profiteer , Crowd Pleaser, Money Leech
Silver sash: Signature Location, Bribe Judges, Master of Wealth
Gold Sash: Hard hitter, Bribe Judges
Platinum Sash: Signature Location, Purchased power, Crowd Pleaser
Diamond Sash: Signature Style, Purchased power,
Master Sash: Signature Style, Perfect Attack or Perfect Defense, Purchased power

As normal except: Arena Fighter loses its immunity. (Since a sash can buy an Sneaky Trick)
Money Leech: Grants the sash 1 yen when he/she uses a Wealth modifier move.

Crowd Pleaser and Bribe are switched for 2 reasons 1) The money is useful to a Tier 2 sash to preven falling and 2) They aren't so intimidating at Tier 3 where they are basically immune to the powers of other paths with 2 bribes. This is totally independent of the other proposal however.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I have a character, an honor fighter named Samanosuke Akechi, that does not desire to take a dojo. He desires to form a second 'tower' of honor fighters on his own. He's independant as it is, and I have a question, concerning rules revisions.

Would it be appropriate for Samanosuke, and other fighters if they choose to take the tough route like him, to get their additional style masteries a tier later? Samansuke would always remain at least 1 style behind a normal, trained, honor fighter, but it would prevent him from being a completely crippled dojo leader.

Kalanyr and Sabaron are in support of this, as far as I know. It's just my goal to 'expand' on YB by making a second dojo chain independantly, and so far it's been nearly impossible to defeat opponents of equal tier that are fully powered, unless they were on an exceptionally weak path.

reiella

Explorer
The current rules for it are actually a tad bit harsher than that.

Results of advancing a tier without having your Gang Member or Dojo Styles selected currently results in them being 'lost' permanently.

Also, iirc, the No Luck Dojo and it's (relatively smaller) chain is actually independant of the Dojo of the Predator family. Just need to hunt down Skarnkai.

Don't know how I think of a rule change such as that myself :). Such a ruling would hurt Team Rocket a bit.

Creamsteak

Explorer
reiella said:
The current rules for it are actually a tad bit harsher than that.

Results of advancing a tier without having your Gang Member or Dojo Styles selected currently results in them being 'lost' permanently.

Also, iirc, the No Luck Dojo and it's (relatively smaller) chain is actually independant of the Dojo of the Predator family. Just need to hunt down Skarnkai.

Don't know how I think of a rule change such as that myself :). Such a ruling would hurt Team Rocket a bit.
I don't see how it would hurt you. Just allow other fighters to have a chance if they want to try to be independant as Samanosuke is. They would still be weaker, but it would expand on the game.

reiella

Explorer
Wouldn't hurt me, would hurt team rocket and general recruitment.

I remember the arguments used to change the Honored Path behavior from this in YB1 in transition to YB2... For honored especially at that time, the dojo structures in general were mostly transient and your 'term' within a dojo strucutre was extremely short lived.

Of course, the problem wasn't so present with the Yakuza in yb1... DBs were required to join a gang if one existed... And it resulted in the oddity of one of the brown belts to have absolutely no students. Tsin had a couple of students iirc, but not that many, during her term as Grandmaster.

Mostly hesitant as I do remember we intentionally turned away from this

reiella

Explorer
Also a thought in relation to the Foul Spirit v Foul Spirit.

To simplify matters for judges, probably would be a good idea to have them negate each other in that situation as well (possibly also Pure Spirit/Pure Spirit as well). I just think it's a bit of a ... excess request to have a judge have to consider the 4 insults and which of the two are best, and then how they compare to each other ;).

Ciaran

First Post
What's the word on Kalanyr's sash proposal? And when can we expect to see the new changes codified into the rule packet?

- Eric

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads