Oinoloths in MToF?

pukunui

Legend
If any book was going to contain such creatures, this was totally the book to do it in.
You could say that about pretty much every book they've put out so far, to be honest. But yes, perhaps we will see some (or all) of them in future adventures or supplements.

Yeah, but some of the changes (I'd even say most) are adding flavorful lore to creatures that were pretty lacking in the past, like your example of merrow. Yugoloths already had a lot of interesting stuff going on, and by messing with that they are contradicting cool stuff that was already there. Innovation works best when it is filling open space rather than clashing with established game tradition.
Yeah, I guess. I'm not as invested in the history of D&D lore as some folks are, which is undoubtedly why I don't mind so much.

It seems pretty simple to me. They were changed to demons (except for the arcanaloths, who managed to change themselves into something else) at whatever cosmic event caused 4e, and whatever cosmic event that more or less changed everything back at the beginning of 5e made a few changes to the yugoloths. Big cosmic events always make at least a few changes, that is part of the reason for having big cosmic events.

Remove ads