OK, we go live tomorrow (ACE!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is the last time I'll bug you folks for feedback! The Awfully Cheerful Engine! launches tomorrow, and the Kickstarter page is pretty much ready. I'd super appreciate some last sets of eyes on it!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
It's looking good!

My only major comment after going through is that in a lot of shots, it looks like the "core book" (ACE #1, Introducing the Awfully Cheerful Engine) is a separate book from the "comic book" ACE #1.

This is most evident in the first phot, where you have ACE #1 shot in a profile where it looks like a bigger rulebook, and then the five issues (incl. ACE #1) separately after it.

Otherwise, love it what I'm seeing and reading. :)

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
ERRRG!! So, I am in the market for a Pulp game. I was torn between Trinity Adventure (I just missed the Kickstarter), Broken Compass (Kickstarter currently now on) and as an outlier Hollow World Expedition......

Now, I have to consider this one. It is compelling. So Good Job! You have made it tempting and competitive versus other options.

SAVeira

Adventurer
ERRRG!! So, I am in the market for a Pulp game. I was torn between Trinity Adventure (I just missed the Kickstarter), Broken Compass (Kickstarter currently now on) and as an outlier Hollow World Expedition......

Now, I have to consider this one. It is compelling. So Good Job! You have made it tempting and competitive versus other options.
As someone with a growing collection of Pulp games. I have backed Trinity Adventure and both Broken Compass Kickstarters. Plan on backing ACE.

I do recommend Broken Compass, it is a very nice, simple system that really fits Pulp adventures.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

I guess my question is -- is the page clear that actiony pulp stuff is totally part of this? I'm slightly worried that the Kickstarter page text might appear too oriented towards kids' cartoons, and while I want to make it clear that that is part of it, and it's a fantastic game for kids, I don't want people to think it's just that and that grown-ups can't have completely different types of games with it.

SAVeira

Adventurer
I guess my question is -- is the page clear that actiony pulp stuff is totally part of this? I'm slightly worried that the Kickstarter page text might appear too oriented towards kids' cartoons, and while I want to make it clear that that is part of it, and it's a fantastic game for kids, I don't want people to think it's just that and that grown-ups can't have completely different types of games with it.
It could be a highlighted a bit more. It is clear to me but I have been following the ACE articles here. If you would take a suggest from a Kickstarter backer, I would add something explaining how while kid friendly, there are grown-up gaming possiblities.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It could be a highlighted a bit more. It is clear to me but I have been following the ACE articles here. If you would take a suggest from a Kickstarter backer, I would add something explaining how while kid friendly, there are grown-up gaming possiblities.
I've added a line --

"ACE! is designed for everybody, from kids who enjoy playing talking animals, to adults who like playing pulp heroes fighting eldritch horrors and Nazis."

Think that does the trick?

SAVeira

Adventurer
I've added a line --

"ACE! is designed for everybody, from kids who enjoy playing talking animals, to adults who like playing pulp heroes fighting eldritch horrors and Nazis."

Think that does the trick?
Works for me but to be fair I was already planning to be a day one backer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases