OK, we have a problem [please read!]

ChimericDream

First Post
Well, there are several PDFs that I've been eying for some time now (all of the Guild books, for example). Bought several PDFs. Glad to support this site.

Festivus

First Post
How can I tell when my account expires? I know I won some contest on the site that paid for a year recently for me, but have no idea when it expires.

I'll look through and see if there is some PDF stuff I can buy and still afford. We are trying to buy a house so not really all that rich at present, but I read ENWorld almost every day so I figure it's worth some additional support however I can get it to you folks.

Nyaricus

First Post
I get paid Thursday; despite the fact that my CSA doesn't expire for another few months, I'll be re-newing it then as well as sending a few bucks your way Morrus.

Thank you for your selfless dedication for this site. This is a great place, and I wouldn't want to see it go away :)

cheers,
--N

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I'm a couple of paychecks behind right now due to wonky private school finances, but once I get paid, I'll make a purchase or two. Also, I sent an email to the 465 other members of the dmadvice Yahoo! group. That's generated at least one subscription sale that I'm aware of.

:D

Dremmen

First Post
Morrus said:
So I'm doing what I always resist doing - asking for money.

If you can afford to donate, please do so. Anything will help. I know a lot of us are poor, and I don't expect anything from anyone, but I don't want this server to be switched off.

If you can donate anything, even just a couple of dollars, I'd be very, very grateful. I can't offer you anything in exchange - I don't have anything! But if you can donate something, my paypal address is: russmorrissey@gmail.com.

Please don't feel obligated or pressured. I wouldn't ask unless I had to.

- Russ
!

Russ,

I'm virtually nobody around here but I'd like to make a small suggestion. It seems you have reoccuring monthly expenses that would be best addressed by suscriptions that yield periodic funds. War of the Burning Sky doesn't interest me as a DM because I'm more into general content that I can plug into my own games, but it is a step in the right direction I think. My suggestion is to do something akin to Audible, the online book service I'm a member of - a monthly membership fee of say $5 or $10, and that in turns gets you credits - 1 or 2 - which can be used to purchase some of ENWorld's varied and useful publications. Some of that larger publications could be split up into parts, each a credit, etc. Overall I would imagine the credit to publication ratio would have to be a deal for the suscriber for them not to simply choose to buy the products. This way my money could be getting me some nice source material. Not that I wouldn't donate otherwise, but it is nice to get something in return.

Just a suggestion. Maybe a monthly newsletter could come with it too, highlighting some of the most newsworthy front page stories from ENWorld, e-mailed along with notification of the credits and a list of publications for purchase. Some of the other smaller publishers might get in on it too, making it an even better deal for suscribers. Hopefully this steady source of income would translate into security for you, and ENWorld.

Just a thought.

Remove ads