D&D General Old School DND talks if DND is racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallus

Legend
Still evil because they're now sentient.

Makes human-illithid relations better. But I think it has to be certain humanoids not any. At least in other editions.

As for eating it depends on the species/race and options they have. If a race has to eAt humans idk if that's evil or not if they have the choice to eat humans or whatever it's a bit different.

That giant ant? Humans just another source of protein. Jon evil illithids is going to struggle a lot.
I'd like to see a campaign set in a somewhat grittier version of Planescape's Sigil where stuff like this forms the basic conflict. You not trying to kill the D&D bestiary, you're trying to figure out to coexist with them in a planar metropolis.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'd like to see a campaign set in a somewhat grittier version of Planescape's Sigil where stuff like this forms the basic conflict. You not trying to kill the D&D bestiary, you're trying to figure out to coexist with them in a planar metropolis.

At the most basic level it's "when in Rome". There's various countries with vastly different beliefs than my own. Not my job to tell them how to live.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If you want orcs to be just humans with bad dental work go for it. I don't see the point. If you can explain how they can fill a niche without being just a different human ethnicity feel free to share.

Until then, have a good one.
No one has ever been able to explain to me how “not inherently evil” = “humans with (insert flippant descriptive element)”

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Not when they come in the hundreds if not thousands. Besides, they are thinking zombies. So after the first time you pull that trick they have human slaves they've captured going in front as mine detectors. :devilish:

If you don't like them don't use them or propose a better option.
orc eat, sleep, think and have families I have plenty there to weaponise against them, okay all the ways are super evil but dnd evil is unimaginative, do you wish for me to try?

Oofta

Legend
No one has ever been able to explain to me how “not inherently evil” = “humans with (insert flippant descriptive element)”

If the majority of orcs behave and believe as they are depicted in the MM they are CE whether we use that label or not.

Or how "Bloodthirsty Barbarians" =! "Bloodthirsty Human Barbarians".

Human barbarians may be bloodthirsty, but ultimately they're after power in terms of new land to farm or transportable wealth. All orcs care about is waging never ending war. The only goal is destruction of their enemies.

Anyway, nothing new here. Feel free to change orcs to whatever suits your fancy.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If the majority of orcs behave and believe as they are depicted in the MM they are CE whether we use that label or not.
Ok, then allow me to rephrase. No one has been able to explain to me how “not all the way they’re depicted in the MM” = “human with (whatever)”

Oofta

Legend
Ok, then allow me to rephrase. No one has been able to explain to me how “not all the way they’re depicted in the MM” = “human with (whatever)”
Like most races (and intelligent monsters for that matter) they represent an aspect of humanity. In the case of orcs it's unthinking rage, might makes right, bully, take what you want aspects. The brutal, nasty, unthinking side of humanity.

It's a game. Not sure what else you want. They fill a niche in the fiction for a lot of people including pretty much everyone I've ever actually gamed with in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads