D&D General Old School DND talks if DND is racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSword

Legend
I specified the 5e gnoll, which they intentionally expanded the animalistic and demonic elements to remove them from "desert raider" that existed before. The irony is that fans hated these low-level demon-hyneas and wanted the old lore only to have the old lore be described as racist. I guess gnolls are going to have to settle down and take up farming...

As for succubi, I already pointed out that they are a true breeding race who produce offspring and not Abyssal, so I recommend cracking your MM before continuing.
Good shout. I’ll add succubi to yet another hold over of 3e that I carry into 5e. That’s said I don’t think it makes a material difference to how I described them. They were always able to breed true.

Though now I read again, I can see succubi and Incubi are now synonymous. So how are succubi now an indictment of women? Or in any way related to discrimination or inclusiveness.

jasper

Rotten DM
Is it OK to kill Warforged on sight?

I'm not asking this to be flippant, but what you are saying is fundamental to discussion around AI/Robots that has been under moral discussion for decades.
If they are a toaster yes. But if they look like number one to six no.

Oofta

Legend
Good shout. I’ll add succubi to yet another hold over of 3e that I carry into 5e. That’s said I don’t think it makes a material difference to how I described them. They were always able to breed true.

Though now I read again, I can see succubi and Incubi are now synonymous. So how are succubi now an indictment of women? Or in any way related to discrimination or inclusiveness.

Incubi are kind of a footnote. Succubi from tradition and lore is still fundamentally misogynistic.

Oofta

Legend
I dont get the reference sorry.
Battlestar Galactica reboot. Toaster (aka obvious robot) in front, Number 6 android but human looking in back in the red dress.

download (17).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads