Old School feel 5e Character sheet

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I haven't cared for many of the 3rd-party character sheets that I've come across for 5e, but I really like this one. Nice work!

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I have just uploaded Old School feel 5e Character sheet to the downloads area.

I created this character sheet back while D&D Next was still in playtest. Updated for the final PHB rules. Used original fonts, some classic icons from the old Goldenrod sheets, and the border from the rare and awesome D&D Coloring Book. No electronic functionality; pencil on paper like Gary would have liked it.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Sweet! Thanks.

Sean3DGuy

Explorer
yeah, I loaded it in dochub and all the text was there.

In Acrobat, click on the Layers button on the far left column, and choose "list layers for All Pages" under the Options button. Make sure Layer 1 and 2 are turned on, and the first layer listed "Character Writing" is turned off. That should print just fine.

jasper

Rotten DM
When I want an old school feel to my 5E character sheet, I just use a blank yellow legal pad. For that real old school feel, I beat up a jr high school kid and take his white notebook paper. And tear up his homework.

schnee

First Post
Glad you liked it! I might put some tweaks to the Skills, as I kinda saw the same issue with no numbers, hafta work on that, it's small enough as it is! Been thinking about doing a Spell Sheet as well, since my wife likes recording all her spells too.

These are fantastic!

Yeah, as a graying old fart that felt a wonderful twinge of nostalgia looking at this, that's my only critique.

With Bards having their Jack of All Trades, Rogues having Expertise, and the UA Skill Feats publication hinting that Expertise will be available to a wider range of characters, I think the need is pretty strong to tweak that area a bit.

May I make a suggestion or two?

Try make the check boxes a bit bigger, and have a key that says '✓' for Proficient and 'x' for Expertise.

Also, maybe adding another heading that says 'Bard JoAT Bonus ___' would be very AD&D. You'd give them the place to put it, and it would be a bit opaque. :D

Any plans to make it editable / fillable?

Remove ads