D&D 5E Old Spice D&D Class: Thoughts?

Seriously. Some gamers should be ashamed of leaving the house smelling the way they do. Heck, even in my own home, if I smelled that badly, I'd be running for the shower.

It's a crazy sign of how the world has changed, that Old Spice has a gaming-themed ad.

At last, I can finally breach an important subject to some of the local players in the area about good hygiene and deodorant! I wish I was just making a joke this time.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Where's the OGL? This is pretty bad, WotC should come down on this with a ton o bricks - illegally using their IP for advertising.

Paizo, you mean? That’s a Pathfinder class.

You don’t have to use the OGL. Using it makes life a lot easier, and there’s no downside to using it, so you might as well, but it’s not compulsory.

They didn’t actually mention Pathfinder in the product (or use the compatibility logo). So they’re not bound by either license. The only problem might be that they use Pathfinder’s trade dress (the page background, layout, etc).

Then again, there would be a strong parody argument, I’d imagine. Plus I imagine Paizo might be secretly a bit pleased.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I think Old Spice doing this makes it humorous. I can already imagine what the best gift to give "a young male who wishes to become a gentleman" would be.

If you want to be obnoxious all the way around, have AXE write up some sort of "ladies' man" character.
Not only does he behave badly, he smells bad too.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I think Old Spice doing this makes it humorous. I can already imagine what the best gift to give "a young male who wishes to become a gentleman" would be.

If you want to be obnoxious all the way around, have AXE write up some sort of "ladies' man" character.
Not only does he behave badly, he smells bad too.

I say from the bottom of my heart: BETTER AXE THAN GAMER FUNK. :)

Best of both worlds would be a shower AND deodorant, but as triage I’ll take Axe layered over gamer funk than “raw funk” any day. Honestly I haven’t attended any Cons in years, so hopefully in this day and age of Critical Role and Glass Cannon things are getting better - but at Origins and GenCon back in the day, you’d get occasionally blind-sided by some dudes that smelled like they had driven all night and slept in their car for three days. :(

Remove ads