On number of ignores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
My observation:

There is a small number of posters that insist they don't see the advantages of two-way blocking, or that the system doesn't do what they have told themselves what the system is there to do, or that the disadvantages generally outweigh the advantages, and basically keep complaining so this thread never ends.

These are the posters that unwittingly demonstrate the usefulness of the system, and unintentionally proves the decision to implement and enable it correct.

Tl;dr: if you can't understand and empathize with the decision to offer two-way blocking you need to do what probably is new and unfamiliar to you: self-reflection.
So you have an opinion, and if anyone steps a toe outside of your opinion, well then that just proves your opinion to be right. There's no way anyone else can have a valid opinion that differs from yours. Must be nice to have such a certain view of how life works.

Tl;dr: if you can't understand and empathize with the decision to offer two-way blocking you need to do what probably is new and unfamiliar to you: self-reflection.

It is entirely possible to understand and empathize with an alternative point of view, but still disagree with it.

There is a difference between educating and convincing. Confusing the two is often a barrier to both.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It seems to me that this thread has boiled down to a small bunch of folks who are well-entrenched in their positions arguing at each other. I don't see any real new insight coming out of the last few pages, but I do see continuing trend of it getting personal.

So, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads