• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Once more unto the breach...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers!

Zakath429

First Post
I always liked the speach from Braveheart, where Mel Gibson is rallying a demoralized Scottish army.

Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

The orcs are the enemy. Make them bleed. Shoot them in the belly.

This modification of George C. Scott in PATTON, by Patryn of Elvenshae, was also a good idea.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
'No you idiots! The enemy is that way!'
Lt. Wheezy Banks* after an unsuccessful inspirational speech.

The Auld Grump
*Lt. Wheezy Banks is completely fictional, and not to be confused with any real leaders.*
*He does however have a compass and a map.

Last edited:

The Shaman

First Post
Warrior Poet said:
It was Foch. The dispatch read: "Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I attack!"
Merci beaucoup! I tried searching for it but I couldn't remember enough of the key words besides "attack."

:)

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
"I must declare to you, my people, for the sake of your salvation as well as my own, that any yielding or capitulation in this war against the people of XXXX is objectively grave evil, a matter of mortal sin. Never before have I spoken to you in this manner, explicitly exercising the fullness of authority Torm has given his paladins, however I feel a moral burden to guide you, my people…”

combine this with Fighter1's quote earlier and you will have quite a speach.

Hedrin

First Post
Fighter1 said:
There is also that short speech from "Gladiator" made by Russell Crow's character (in the beginning of the movie) right before the Roman calvary started their move...it ended with "fear not for you are in the Ellusion fields..." or something like that.

Fratres! [Brothers!] Three weeks from now I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!!!

Troll Wizard

First Post
July - August, 1914
Wilhelm II's War Speech
A momentous hour has struck for Germany. Envious rivals everywhere force us to legitimate defense. The sword has been forced into our hands. I hope that in the event that my efforts to the very last moment do not succeed in bringing our opponents to reason and in preserving peace, we may use the sword, with the help of God, so that we may sheathe it again with honor. War will demand enormous sacrifices by the German people, but we shall show the enemy what it means to attack Germany. And so I commend you to God. Go forth into the churches, kneel down before God, and implore his help for our brave army.

You can also get Patton's speech here http://www.pattonhq.com/speech.html

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
-John F. Kennedy (JFK)

Remove ads