• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Once Upon A Time in Mexico

Ranger REG

Explorer
Villano said:
And they are going through with the Willy Wonka remake? Shoot me in the head now! What's next, The Wizard Of Oz, starring Britanny Spear as Dorothy and Madonna as Glenda, the Good Witch?! :mad:
Will there be a lesbian kissing scene involved? Does that mean Christina wil be cast as the Nau- err, I mean the Wicked Witch of the West? :p

Villano

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Well, Ben and Jen want to re-make Casablanca. :) Yes, it is getting bad.

Well, that explains their break up. It's a well timed miracle. I guess God couldn't take it and had to step in, saving mankind from this great evil.

Hey, Hollywood, new ideas! Go find some!

Let's see, I can think of Starsky & Hutch and King Kong, off-hand. Any others coming up? Personally, I can't wait to see the Joel Schumacher remake of Citizen Kane, starring Jim Carrey. "Rooww-whoa-whoa-zzzz Buddd, baby!"

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This was the worst movie I have seen in a very long time.

Just awful.

He filmed it in something like 18 days, and had a low budget, and boy does it show. Some simply awful editing. Nothing came together. It felt like he just held the camera and said "Now do something cool" and figured he would piece it together in the editing room into some kind of plot.

I almost walked out. I was tempted to, but I didn't know if my girlfriend wanted to leave. It turns out she did want to leave as well. And she MAKES cheap independant films, and saw the first two movies, and still thought this was a load of stinking stuff.

By the way, your movie theatre might not have had it "out of focus" like you think. This was shot in cheap digital, and that was apparent in many of the scenes.

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
Wow, I'm surprised that you didn't like it that much. I can see someone not being entertained by it but it did have some very cool scenes - which I considered just about every scene with Depp to be. To each his own I guess. ;)

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Villano said:
I've always found Depp to come across as contemptuous of the audience in his interviews. The "I'm an actor!" attitude.
I guess i love the "I'm an actor!" attitude. He IS an actor, and he seems more serious and passionate about acting than anyone else giving interviews these days. I like my artists to care about what they do, and he cares immensely, almost frighteningly.

The guy comes across as thoughtful, creative, and intelligent. I like him.

And I liked the movie: it didn't really make sense (I mean, it did if you look at it afterward, but it was a mess while it was going on), but it was tons of fun. Lots of ridiculous, silly moments of violence, plenty of absurdity, and coolness out the wazoo.

If I want serious, thoughtful cinema, that's what American Splendor is on my plate for. This was eye candy, and damn fine eye candy.

Daniel

LuYangShih

First Post
Best movie I have seen all year. Incredibly fun and interesting. I loved it. Plus, the song for the credits was good enough that I stayed in the theatre and listened to the entire thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads