• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Once you go C&C, you never go back

After you tried Castles & Crusades, did you switch to it?

• Yes.

Votes: 55 24.9%
  • No.

Votes: 123 55.7%
  • Liked it, but not enough to switch.

Votes: 43 19.5%

Treebore

First Post
jdrakeh said:
Somewhat embarassingly, I must apologize for earlier praising Treebore's approach to promoting C&C. Apparently, he's been engaging in some unpalatable behaviors, which I was previously unaware of. This sudden revelation coupled with his posts on this page of the current thread seem to shed much light on his true demeanor. I want to make it clear that I endorse absolutely none of this.

I'm absolutely NOT crushed.

Treebore

First Post
Eric Tolle said:
Well, Treebore's enough to sell ME off the game. I don't need anything that promotes that sort of attitude.

This is a useful thread though: if someone asks me about the game, I can just forward them over to his posts here, and let them decide about the maturity of its fans.

:lol:

I've already given my opinion about people who base their RPG selection on the fans, so I won't repeat myself.

I imagine WOTC is grateful most people don't do the same as you.

slimykuotoan

First Post
Eric Tolle said:
Well, Treebore's enough to sell ME off the game. I don't need anything that promotes that sort of attitude.

This is a useful thread though: if someone asks me about the game, I can just forward them over to his posts here, and let them decide about the maturity of its fans.

That's really strange logic:

"I won't drive cars anymore.

I know a guy who listens to music I don't like, and who doesn't hold the views I do...and he drives a car.

So I'll walk from now on."

Honestly, that truly strikes me as unusual.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Treebore said:
I'm absolutely NOT crushed.

This isn't about you. It's about me not wanting to be associated with or perceived as endorsing your attempts to spark flames at RPGnet or anyplace else. If I had known the kind of deliberately offensive crap that you were posting elsewhere, I never would have said the kind things about you that I did earlier in this thread. You're obviously not doing C&C any favors.

gideon_thorne

First Post
Certainly, personality is a reason to decide who to game with. It ought not to factor in what system one uses, IMHO anyhow.

I'll play any game with a group of good people. :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Folks,

In The Rules you all agreed to for posting on these boards, we specifically ask you to not make things personal. Please - address the position, and the logic or reasoning, but don't go attacking the person, even in a genteel manner.

While it is not part of the written rules, we greatly frown on dragging things from other message boards to EN World (and vice versa). If you have a problem with something someone says elsewhere don't bring it in here. We have exactly zero interest in cross-board conflict.

If you've got a question about this, please feel free to e-mail any of the mods - our addresses are available in a post stickied ot the top of the Meta forum.

Numion

First Post
slimykuotoan said:
That's really strange logic:

"I won't drive cars anymore.

I know a guy who listens to music I don't like, and who doesn't hold the views I do...and he drives a car.

So I'll walk from now on."

Honestly, that truly strikes me as unusual.

Happens all the time, albeit not exactly like you wrote. It's more like "I know a couple of Hummer / BMW / whatever drivers who are complete jerks. I'd never buy a Hummer to avoid being associated with that crowd."

The RPG crowd is more extreme in this regard. For example, I think that the diehard Greyhawk fans have done a lot of harm to the setting, by being very vocal in their opposition to any new material unless it would come from Gygax (which, of course, would never happen) and doing this in the loudest possible manner. Even though there might've been some life left in the setting. That turns people off the setting, not to mention that no producer would want to touch the thing with a ten feet pole.

You don't even have to be a jerk to turn people off of RPGs. Remember Nightfall, who hardly did anything else on ENWorld but babble about Scarred Lands? I think he didn't do the setting any services by that behaviour. It's kinda same thing with C&Cers .. popping in with C&C propaganda into perfectly good edition war threads ;)

Remove ads