D&D (2024) "One D&D": do you like this name for the 2024 edition?

While I 100% disagree with them, I find that use of the name quite funny.
ODD is pretty clever too (Not to be confused with "Oh, DAD!" of the Original D&D).

But I'm gonna use 1DD myself, I think.
Oh, it definitely is. I guess it isn't 100% original, as it was derived from a recent X-box (I guess the most recent was an 'X-box One', which became 'X-Bone'), but still quite cute. Wordplay is a strange equalizer in that it is pretty divorced from the actual points and the people one agrees with don't necessarily have the best jokes and all that.

G

Guest 7034872

They should call it D&D Next! Oh wait, that was just a playtest name, like this will end up being.

Everyone will just end up calling the Anniversary Edition D&D, to distinguish it from Vanilla 5E D&D, since it is supposed to be fully backward compatible and still be 5E.
That's a far better name. I actually really like that one.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
i think the working title is just a code as is mentioned. My money is on D&D as the eventual title. The community? We will call it 5.5 or 6e.

I am going into this with an open mind.

I have never been in two successive editions of the game. Being current for more than a little bit would be novel. For me it was 2e, 3e, 5e.

I am less worked up about floating racial ASI if they tie it to background. I think I want some sense of grounding even though D&D is no simulation.

I like that a greatsword does more damage than a shortsword. I like that a laborer of any race would come to the game with more strength.

Giant halflings…eh….to each their own. But I am going to play test some of this.

Remove ads