D&D (2024) One D&D origins playtest survey is live

we have no way of knowing what they do and don't have

and that could just be "I have seen them played that way at cons and my friends games"

I'm not saying they don't BELIEVE that it is right, I am questioning if there is anyway to even guess if they are...
And it seems silly to do this, seems like doubting for the sake of doubting. You have already been wrong about One D&D stuff.

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
WotC has data, we do not. WotC claims X based on data, and observation backs up X. Ergo, we can reasonably believe that WotC probably believes what they are saying.
What house rules exactly are you talking about, and what is the connection to Critical Role you were trying to make?

JEB

Legend
Oh. Heh. Technically you can get to the survey without D&D Beyond, just like you can technically get to the packet without D&D Beyond. I suppose I shouldn't post the link, though.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wish they'd made the survey publicly accessible, to get the widest possible input from players... but they clearly only wanted D&D Beyond users to participate, so at least that's consistent. (To be fair, the Next playtest operated much the same, signup was required. Though it's hard not to suspect this time that there's an ulterior motive, boosting their DDB membership numbers...)
It's a free account.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
we have no way of knowing what they do and don't have

and that could just be "I have seen them played that way at cons and my friends games"

I'm not saying they don't BELIEVE that it is right, I am questioning if there is anyway to even guess if they are...
They have the means, motive and opportunity. I'll believe my observations and WotC statements about data, because at a certain point skepticism isn't tenable.

JEB

Legend
It's a free account.
Which is still a barrier that narrows your feedback pool. That it also requires an Apple, Google, or Twitch account to get that account is an additional barrier. A completely open survey, like they did for 5E Unearthed Arcana, has a larger potential feedback pool and is more likely to represent the widest possible swath of D&D players.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mod Note:

We don’t usually moderate use of the upvote/emoji system, but we WILL if we detect a pattern of abusing it for mockery/harassment. At least one person in this thread is on the verge of crossing that line.

STOP.

Remove ads