One funny memory.

dragonis111

First Post
As a D&D player, I have tons of fun incorporating it into my real life, about 4 years ago during my second year of high school, in my history class we were studying about the great depression (no not the one in 2008 but the one in the 20's) and one day our history teacher gave us all these papers that had lists for what a bunch of different stuff would cost back then, like food, medicine, and appliances. We were then all assigned a job, like dentist or senator or car factory worker etc... After that we were told how much our job made per month and we had to budget out 3 months of living. So the first thing I do is shout to my friend across the room "Hey, my starting gold is 463 and my character class is police officer, what's yours?" and my friend shouts back "Only like 40, my character doesn't have a class, he is unemployed." The other students looked at us weird, and my teacher didn't notice until I asked her how many feats and skill points my character got, after showing her the stats I rolled. (I always had one of each dice wherever I went)

So what do you guys think? If you all had been there would you have joined in our funny/lame shenanigan?

SnowleopardVK

First Post
I would totally have joined in! I'm an immature person like that though. :D

My roomie hates my joke of asking how many sneak attack dice her dog Rogue gets. It's mostly because I eventually worked out (in detail) in collaboration with her D&D-playing boyfriend that her dog is a Rogue 3/Canine 1 and gets 2d6 SA. We also rolled up all his ability scores. Int is his dump stat.

dragonis111

First Post
I would totally have joined in! I'm an immature person like that though. :D

My roomie hates my joke of asking how many sneak attack dice her dog Rogue gets. It's mostly because I eventually worked out (in detail) in collaboration with her D&D-playing boyfriend that her dog is a Rogue 3/Canine 1 and gets 2d6 SA. We also rolled up all his ability scores. Int is his dump stat.

Yeah I love this this stuff, mostly just out of boredom.

Keenberg

First Post
I would have totally joined in!

My band used to play gigs at a local comic book/gaming shop (two of us worked there.) One night, as we were breaking down our equipment,we needed a flashlight ("torch" for the UK takers among us) so we sent a friend out to his car for one. Seconds later we hear him exclaim "natural 20!" And he was back inside with the needed tool.

dragonis111

First Post
I would have totally joined in!

My band used to play gigs at a local comic book/gaming shop (two of us worked there.) One night, as we were breaking down our equipment,we needed a flashlight ("torch" for the UK takers among us) so we sent a friend out to his car for one. Seconds later we hear him exclaim "natural 20!" And he was back inside with the needed tool.

I guess doing stuff like this separates us from the rest of the geeks.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Nowdays, maybe. Few years back, my second nature. I got called "random encounter" as a joke by couple or roleplayers I met "similar way".

That aside I felt shameful about my rpg friend that would go on about (stupid) stuff about games he played while we were at same business school. He missed all these "idiot" look even other ruleplauers gave him. He was rather immature and liked talking about his awesome dragon characters and some dark elf lesbian goddess sex stuff. I kid you not, I took my revenge and got some of that crap published in some Swedish rpg-magazine. It was rather funny, but not so funny when you had to share his company and he would go on about with loud voice in places like libraries and public transport amoung others.

He and RL had issues.

I've done my "walk of shame" too. With another friend we would sing pokemon songs loudly while at buss, just because. Finnish translation for lyrics naturally. I think this is similar of me liking to break those bubbles in that packaging material, which make this loud "pop". Which makes me have happy feelings and everyone around annoyed. Like ringing triangle. I don't know why, some noices are just so much better, when you are one doing it.

As a D&D player, I have tons of fun incorporating it into my real life, about 4 years ago during my second year of high school, in my history class we were studying about the great depression (no not the one in 2008 but the one in the 20's) and one day our history teacher gave us all these papers that had lists for what a bunch of different stuff would cost back then, like food, medicine, and appliances. We were then all assigned a job, like dentist or senator or car factory worker etc... After that we were told how much our job made per month and we had to budget out 3 months of living. So the first thing I do is shout to my friend across the room "Hey, my starting gold is 463 and my character class is police officer, what's yours?" and my friend shouts back "Only like 40, my character doesn't have a class, he is unemployed." The other students looked at us weird, and my teacher didn't notice until I asked her how many feats and skill points my character got, after showing her the stats I rolled. (I always had one of each dice wherever I went)

So what do you guys think? If you all had been there would you have joined in our funny/lame shenanigan?

Heh. First resume your primary class of student. The great depression was in the 30's not 20's (OK 1929 technically). The 20's were ROARING baby, yeah!

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
About 15 years ago, I was working overnight in retail and one of the guys I worked with had this HUGE stack of GURPS books. I hadn't heard of GURPS, but I could tell it was gaming related, since I could see what GURPS stood for. I asked him about it, we hit it off, and he invited me to join his Supers campaign.

Whenever we worked together, we would end up talking about the campaign (because he wasn't into 'manly' things like sports. Of course, I'm not really anymore either) and we would eventually end up roleplaying. Nothing XP/character point worthy. More just getting me more into the setting and getting to know the characters. Employees walking by always looked at us funny because he would call me Chad, my character's name, and I would always call him by the NPC's name. Since he had a thing for strong female characters, most of his NPCs were female. Karen. Athena. Kory. So on and so forth. I would call him by these names and get really weird looks.

Remove ads