• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E One of my players married a beholder, help!?

Coroc

Hero
In fairness, the OP already made clear that the "child" was dreamt into being by the beholder. Which is actually in keeping with how VGtM describes beholder reproduction. No actual conception occurred (except in the sense that an idea was conceived).

Doh, and there I though sheBeholder was giv..g h....d :p

Please do not censor, it head to be :p

So through a series of events one of my players (circle of dreams druid) ended up wooing and marrying a beholder. Now they have a daughter and I have to figure out how to make a human-sized beholder. The daughter looks like an elf except she has one large eye in her face and a large mouth. She has ten eyestalks that originate from various points under her hair (which is down to her feet) and are long enough to reach her feet, but can be retracted to about six inches. I would appreciate any help in making a race that is essentially a beholder with a body that is human sized. Mostly the same abilities, just looking to build the NPC stats like player stats, so trying to make it a race.

Can I just state on an unrelated note how much I love D&D?
Only in D&D would you have a discussion like this.

Chaosmancer

Legend
The character has no problem with evil things, they had tea with a demon and a devil as they brokered a deal with both that benefited all three parties involved and as this post states they have married a beholder, so...... I don't think 'evil will bother them all that much. Knowing both the player and their character they would probably just be like, "ok need any help taking over the world or destroying it? Anything for my darling daughter."

You know, that always reminds me of Loki.

The thing that finally got him imprisoned and tortured by the Gods is the Death of Baldur, that Loki definitely helped orchestrate. But, I once saw a bit of lore stating that Hel had a crush on Baldur, but because she was consigned to Helheim, and the land of the dead who did not die in battle, Baldur would never come to see her.

So, headcanon, Loki killed Baldur to set his daughter up on a date with the God of Beauty and Light.

Oofta

Legend
You know, that always reminds me of Loki.

The thing that finally got him imprisoned and tortured by the Gods is the Death of Baldur, that Loki definitely helped orchestrate. But, I once saw a bit of lore stating that Hel had a crush on Baldur, but because she was consigned to Helheim, and the land of the dead who did not die in battle, Baldur would never come to see her.

So, headcanon, Loki killed Baldur to set his daughter up on a date with the God of Beauty and Light.

That ... is an interesting take on Norse mythology.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
2005-05-23-heres-pun-in-your-eye-1.png

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I recall an article in The Dragon about monster cults, it featured a prestige class whose members gained the traits of a Beholder. I don't recall what issue, but if you can find it, it may help develop this character.

Shadowcortax

Dragon fanatic
It's your game, but I think you should revisit how demons and devils interact, and how likely they are to stick to such a deal.
I'm aware of how they normally interact, and how likely they would be to stick to the deal normally. In this specific case it was between one of each, and the druid was the mediator. The reason they didn't try to immediately kill each other and are bound by the deal is because the druid invoked an archfey, an ancient dragon, and a deity to witness and guarantee the contract.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads