• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One Part Mad Max, One Part Dawn of the Dead, One part...?

VirgilCaine

First Post
Red Dust of Madness

I've got the beginnings of a Post-Apoc campaign, but I don't know where to go with it.

Scenario: A red comet bathes the world in radiation that turns lots of people to dust, the partially exposed to zombies, the less exposed to mutants, and leaves a few normals.

D20 CoC magic for the mutant powers and a little for the PCs to use. Gasoline, ammunition, etc. are unharmed. PCs will be in a rural area, but there wouldn't be anything to stop them from going to a nearby bigger town to find a source of fuel and weapons.

PCs emerge from their safe haven (which is destroyed), kill a few zombies, and kill a few mutant rat-humans, saving an apartment building of NPCs. There'll be a few NPCs (twenty or thirty). An ex-Green Beret and a school shooter are the biggest knowledge resources I've come up with.

Now what?

A Road Warrior-esque warlord?
I've got one--a more-human looking medusa with charm/dominate instead of flesh the stone. Lots of police and national guardsmen and bikers and such, heavily armed.

Last edited:

Red Spire Press

First Post
Phil, that looks like a lovely book (lovely in that dark, gritty, and unforgiving manner we at RSP are so fond of;) ). I'll have to check it out. Unfortunately, the demo link from both the motocaust and rpgnow sites is dead.

Remove ads