One Ring 2E - Who's Doing What With It?

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Mine is sitting on a shelf. Our Loremaster decided not to run it and so Ill probably give it away to the next kid at the game store I hear quote a line from the movies. (I'm bitter)
;)

I was pretty disappointed in 2.0. Went a very different direction than I was expecting/hoping/assuming.

Artwork is gorgeous, though.

Mezuka

Hero
Nothing at the moment. I read the rules and read the introduction missions with the Hobbit characters. I'm stomped because of the lore. I read LOTR and the Silmarillion so long ago (the late 80s). Don't want to deep dive into it again at the moment.

I know nothing of the first edition of TOR. The only LOTR rpg I played was C7's AIME.

I'm happy to have it on my book shelf.

Arilyn

Hero
We had fun with the "hobbit" adventures. I wasn't sure about them when I initially read them, but my experienced group of rpgers had a blast. I wouldn't worry too much about having an understanding of the lore.

My only real problem is that the starter kit and the core book aren't the easiest to navigate when looking for info. And I ended up referencing the main book while running the starter kit, so just having the starter kit could be bit confusing to people new to the system.

We had fun with the "hobbit" adventures. I wasn't sure about them when I initially read them, but my experienced group of rpgers had a blast. I wouldn't worry too much about having an understanding of the lore.

My only real problem is that the starter kit and the core book aren't the easiest to navigate when looking for info. And I ended up referencing the main book while running the starter kit, so just having the starter kit could be bit confusing to people new to the system.
Planning on running it. I'm worried it's a bit simple, childish, but I think if the crew gets into being hobbits, it'll run okay.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Kind of surprised the company doesn't seem to be really supporting this. I know they have things in the works but most of it is hearsay at this point.

The short campaign I was in played kind of weird, but we are mostly D&D players. And I think my Hobbit Scholar was fairly useless.

reelo

Hero
Kind of surprised the company doesn't seem to be really supporting this. I know they have things in the works but most of it is hearsay at this point.

The short campaign I was in played kind of weird, but we are mostly D&D players. And I think my Hobbit Scholar was fairly useless.
The book "Ruins of the Lost Realm" is about to be released (physically).

Laurefindel

Legend
Got the book soon after Christmas, but I haven’t played it yet. If anything, I often referred to it to update my Twilight Imperium RPG based on TOR (1st ed) system, but that’s as much use as i made of the book.

It’s a gorgeous book and I love most of the e revision, but I keep saying that Rhovanion was a more interesting setting.

Remove ads