D&D 5E One Shot #3: Lady of the Mist

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Thirsk
Morning
Round 0

“An’ did ye see ‘im gae sooth??” Ivar asked gruffly from inside of his hood. “Why wuild the council think ‘e went north t’ Leftoth?”

Ivar eyed the offered horse dubiously. He hated the things. But it looked like the others were mounting up, so he dragged over a stool and hauled himself up as well, nearly going clear over on the other side.

“Bloody animal,” Ivar muttered. First out in daylight, and now on a horse.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 15/15 HD: 1/1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Taking a horse by the reigns but not mounting yet, Mister Bubbles watches the dwarf with some amusement. The half-orc has had little to do with dwarves, because it is a rare dwarf indeed that keeps slaves or is corrupt; however, he knows how many dwarves think of anyone with orcish blood so he is careful how to approach this grumpy individual.

"The dwarf makes a good point," Mister Bubbles says, and focuses his gaze back on the informant. Out of the corner of his eyes, he watches Ivar's reaction.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar takes a deep breath as he walks in, seeming to relish the smell and largely ignores Hanin as he slowly walks up to one of the horses softly neighing he reaches up to gently pet the horses nose, he motions to Hanin as he speaks to the horse.

[sblock=beast speech]"Hello friend. Is this human good to you? Do you stay with him or does he keep you?"[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
"And why would you not keep it to yourself n collect the full bounty?" Mister Bubbles asks dubiously.

"I'm no sword-swinger or spell-flinger. I've been in these stables all me life, and know only horses and hard labor, good sir." Hanin answers the half-orc in a tone like a servant to his betters. "I saw you'll and thought that maybe you could collect the reward if you knew where Althon was going."

“An’ did ye see ‘im gae sooth??” Ivar asked gruffly from inside of his hood. “Why wuild the council think ‘e went north t’ Leftoth?”

The stableman cringes just a bit under the harsh scrutiny. "Well they did leave towards the south gates," he says pointing towards the gatehouse south of the stable. "Could of circled around if they wanted to throw people off, but then why mention the fishing village?" Finishing his readying of the last horse for the group he adds, "Not sure what the council knows or doesn't know, or why they told everyone to go north to Leftoth? That isn't for us simple folk to..." he pauses as he watches Bilkar and the young colt he had saddled with a child's training saddle.

[sblock=Neighing back and forth]
"Hello friend. Is this human good to you? Do you stay with him or does he keep you?" Bilkar to the horse.

"He treats us good. And let's us run. We'll you run with me?" the colt asks.[/sblock]

"Well don't that beat all," Hanin says in awe as he watches the gnome talk to the horse.

OOC: Any other questions before you go?

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Smiling Bilkar gets up on the horse carefully with a neigh. "I would like that. If the people do not have a name for you I will call you Colt."

Looking around the group he starts to neigh again, then stops seeming to realize that he is talking to people not the horse.

"This is a good new pack. Go South, find Escandor, Escandor tell pack who in Escandor's pack lied about going North." Bilkar says plainly as he pets Colt.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Just for a moment Mister Bubbles finds himself distracted by the gnome talking to a horse, in its own language.

Then he closes his mouth, only then realizing he was staring, and smiles broadly at the stable boy. "You are a fine man. Generous and good-hearted. I will make sure you are compensated fairly even if we do not catch him."

Considering tossing the lad a coin but realizing the horses alone were worth more than what he owned, the half-orc instead nods politely and gets on his mount.

"Seems to me we've got a traitor to catch!" he proclaims to the others, then looks at each in turn for confirmation. The faux baron waits until everyone is mounted, eager to fall in the role as leader but also realizing he is no more a leader or a noble than the others.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Yes, simple indeed." Lee says as she pats her horse before mounting. "How much of a head start does he have on us?"

Hanin looks up at the mounted wood elf, and starts to recheck the straps. Talking as he works, "They left here not three nights past. So if you ride hard and they spent a day in Avenia before setting out again, you should only be a day behind them. And these horses will help you catch them if they are on the road."

"Seems to me we've got a traitor to catch!" proclaims the half-orc looking noble.

"Good luck!" Hanin says waving his hat at you as you set out.

OOC: If everyone is good I'll advance the story.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar hugs and pets Colt as they get ready to set out seeming to already consider the animal a close friend.

"Colt likes Hanin. Bilkar will bring Colt back to Hanin safe."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases