D&D 5E One Shot #3: Lady of the Mist

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Forlorn Forest
Evening
Round 0

“Cormyr, eh?” Ivar asked. “I ‘ear there are lots o’ drow in the Cormanthor Forest,” he admitted. “Long way from Menzobarranzen there. Yeh get any names from them two drow?” he asked Bilkar.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 15/15 HD: 1/1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar shakes his head no. "Bilkar does not know Drow names. Hard on tongue. Besides If Bilkar knew and gave a old packmates name to Ivar. Could Ivar trust Bilkar to not betray Ivar if Bilkar met a Predator hunting Ivar?" Bilkars face and voice convey the message that he considers that topic finalized for now at least.

"Squeeks says that there were men on horses here 2 days ago. Pack is on the right path."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Forlorn Forest
Evening
Round 0

Ivar grumbled a bit about idiot gnomes. Looked like he might have to head to Cormyr after this little expedition. At least if would pay for the trip. He would have to let the Xorlarrin’s know.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
The night tarries on and soon everyone is left to his own thoughts and in getting some sleep. The night passes quietly and in the morning the young sparrow Bilkar had sent ahead returns with no new news for the group. Still satisfied they are on the correct track they mount up and head out once more for Avenia.

They reach the small fishing village under an oppressive sun, since there has not been a cloud in the sky all day. There is only a dozen one story buildings almost all identical in their stone structure, thatch roofs, and squat square appearance. Not knowing exactly where to go they move through the village to where it meets the Lake of Steam, where a large group of people are gathered.

As you approach you notices many of the men folk pulling in boats, or tending nets. While the women and children look to be cleaning and hanging fish over a small fire. Everyone stops in there work, the children running to the men near the boats, or hiding behind apron strings, while the men folk move to get between the strangers and their womenfolk.

OOC: Groups choice how they wish to handle this. So the question is:
What do you wish to do?

tglassy

Adventurer
“Fellow fishermen!” Ryder calls, arms wide and unthreatening. “It does my heart good to be around my kind once more. Why, I can remember as a lad when my father first taught me to tie a net, may he Rest In Peace. My whole Village was taken in a storm, washed into the sea by the wrath of Umberlee. I only survived by luck. But enough reminiscing.

“We are but humble travelers, good people, and are in need of resting our aching feet. Tell me, is the hospitality of fisherfolk as generous here as it was in my forgotten village, so long ago?”

OOC: aaaaand that’ll be a deception check for the story to get them on our side.

[roll0]

EarlyBird

Explorer
You see some of the children smile and run back to their duties. All the folk but an old man in his early sixties goes back to their business, as he approaches the group. "We have no inn here I am sorry, but we do have a tap room where you could rest you feet and quench your thirst."

"Hello, we've been trying to catch up to a friend of ours. We heard he was traveling this way, maybe a day or two ago. Have you seen him?" Lee asks.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Avenia
Afternoon
Round 0

Ivar muttered from within his hood at the oppressive ball of fire in the sky that left him nearly blind. He would have preferred to push on in the night. He noted the reactions of the villagers and kept within the confines of his hood, just in case.

Ryder seemed to handle the wary citizens adroitly and got them invited to the local taproom. An ale sounded good, though the alcohol on the surface left much to be desired. The others had the talking well in hand, so Ivar glanced around the village, keeping an eye on things.

Perception, sunlight sensitivity: 2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [20, 19]+3 = 22

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration: