Online Character Builder is LIVE!

webrunner

First Post
Is there any way to get set bonuses, whatever? I can't seem to see any indication of any set support at all, but the known issues say one particular set isn't calculating correctly, so I'm wondering how?

I tried equipping both a Harmony Blade and a Rhythm Blade but i don't see any "set" indicator, any set card...

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Started testing it out, creating a Lvl 11 Monk, was going through the system.
Personal preference is to do Abilities first, then choose class, thankfully you can skip and return fairly easily, but I liked the Over-head menu navigation more. Anyways, picked choices down to abilities, as mentioned above, seemed to grey out as it talked back to the servers after every choice I made... slowing me down. When I got to my abilities, and was entering my charisma it decides to crash. Try to go back in, crash again. Discard, try from scratch... no dice... must be a fair amount of people trying it out for this to happen.( at least this is what I'm telling myself so far...) First day, it's going to be a rough stress test. More errors as I attempt an essential ... crash.. sigh, I'll try again later tonight.

Oh, and from a coder viewpoint, one shouldn't probably use names for things like
"at WotC.XAMLUtilities.PropertyUpdatePropertyData.GetPropertyValue[TValueType](IDataSource dataSource, TValueType& value) in e:\DDiApps\trunk\CharBuilderEssentials\DDiApps\CharBuilderEssentials\trunk\XAMLUtilities\NotificationProperties\PropertyUpdatePropertyData.cs:line 278
at stupid(Object )
at WotC.XAMLUtilities.LazyAttribute.CreateValue(Object owner)"

There could very well be a context for these name choices I don't see from the error messages, but it seems an odd choice to me.

Markn

First Post
Interface is nice looking.

Built a character without any issues.

Tried to deselect a feat and it crashed. Went back in, asked if I wanted to recover the character which I tried and sent me back to the same error.

Loaded program again, this time I deleted the character (as it was a copy of the main one) and tried to load the original one and it came up with the exact same error.

Now I can't access that character at all without the system crashing. :(

Edit: My errors are similar to CAFRedblade above. However, after waiting 5 minutes and going back in, it now works. I suspect the error I had may be load related but who knows.

Last edited:

brehobit

Explorer
More crashes. Paragon path etc. Now recovering the character causes it to crash immediately.

Also doesn't seem to be a way to "delevel" a character. That's annoying if true.

Testing seems weak. Features are okay if the bugs get fixed.

Crashed while building a mage (quick building), crashed again on restoring him, but did finally work on the second restore attempt.

And a crash in the shop when buying clothes.

Now that I've added Microsoft Silverlight to my firewall exceptions, the CB runs faster. (I don't recommend turning off the firewall completely.)

Remove ads