Online Character Builder is LIVE!

Tenchuu

First Post
Not that I plan to use this function very often, but the "choose for me" button in the powers select window appears to be a random selection. I have unselected a power and done choose for me a few times, and it picks a different one each time.

Meh. Perhaps I will build characters in old CB, import them, and then double check the feat/power selections for PH3 and onwards.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
It would be a good test if people having the problem could try loading US, through the Regional and Language settings in Control Panel (assuming Windows), then try it again.
I had some time to waste at work today, so I experimented a bit with this.

The problem with power selection is 100% related to the decimal separator (we use comma in Sweden). I tried all four variations:
US english default settings: works
US english settings but with comma as decimal separator: doesn't work
Swedish default settings: doesn't work
Swedish setting but with period as decial separator: works

So the decimal separator needs to be set to period for the power selection to work.

I also tried to find out when this is evaluated, and it seems to be at program start. Changing decimal separator while working on a character doesn't affect anything. Not even reloading the character has any effect. Only by closing the CB and restarting it, could I get it to recognise the changed setting. Either it's caching the setting (less likely) or the detrimental effect of using a comma occurs at program start (though the consequences aren't visible until power selection).

I wish I had the source code so I could find it and fix it... :p

Remove ads